Post-Game Talk: Thursday becomes a must win as Panthers lay egg vs Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
That's the fear. This franchise has faltered when put in this exact spot time and time again. Will it be different this time? Who knows, but I am curious about the fans part. This is the reality: what any fan thinks, writes, feels, posts, hopes, tweets, blogs, cheers, whines, or grumbles about has ZERO impact on the outcome of professional hockey games. Optimistic or pessimistic doesn't matter. I see a bunch of that around here. If a person takes the time to come on here and read and write about this team, they are a fan. How they express themselves is their own.

Fear does not prevail. Also this team has very little same than those of the past, last year was a mess anyways. Building a new culture. I also disagree with your reality. I absolutely believe that positivity attracts positivity and negativity negativity and that with a butterfly effect they can even carry unto the teams in some way or another. I do not represent the simple materalistic worldview represented by Democrates. But if we disagree with our worldviews it's fine we don't need to force them upon each or go through with that here any more. :)

It's going to be tough to wait for the game vs Bruins, too many days off. But will probably do good for the team now. :P

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Our record since the all star break is excellent. We weren't going to win out. Let's see how they play Thursday before everything turns dramatic.

We also have a four point game against CBJ coming up. After Boston, 5 of the next 6 are against teams below us in the standings and we play CBJ.
The key is our stamina and it's the same story as last year. Rowe had the team in a better position than Boughner at the TDL and they collapsed. When they lost a few games he scapegoated Smith and a few others and that certainly didn't help matters, but the fact is a team doesn't go 6-13 down the stretch because they hate the coach................the top guys were exhausted and couldn't perform. You play your top guys an average of 22 or 23 minutes a night, it comes back to bite you.

The thing that should make our chances better this year is the players are a year older and in better shape........especially Barkov. I think it will likely be close but I wouldn't be shocked if they rolled over and went belly up due to Mr. Boo's burning the candle at both ends. Expectations for Lu and Reimer are probably too optimistic since their groin injuries. When a coach doesn't trust anyone but his top players, it's a tough habit to break when the season is on the line. :)

catEye

The Barkov Era
Dec 27, 2008
Miami, FL.
"Reimer should've started"

And then he has a bad game and people complain that Luongo should've started. lol

Both had 1 decent stretch each during the season. But for the most part both have been subpar with an average of 3 or more. With a young D like we have a more consistent and younger upgrade is needed.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Both had 1 decent stretch each during the season. But for the most part both have been subpar with an average of 3 or more. With a young D like we have a more consistent and younger upgrade is needed.

Going by GAA is not really the best way to judge a goalie though.

Luongo's save percentage is really high vs Reimer's basement dwelling one.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The problem with Haley is he only provides value to the team when the team is tied or up in games. When losing by 2 early or 1 late, you can't put him on the ice.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The key is our stamina and it's the same story as last year. Rowe had the team in a better position than Boughner at the TDL and they collapsed. When they lost a few games he scapegoated Smith and a few others and that certainly didn't help matters, but the fact is a team doesn't go 6-13 down the stretch because they hate the coach................the top guys were exhausted and couldn't perform. You play your top guys an average of 22 or 23 minutes a night, it comes back to bite you.

The thing that should make our chances better this year is the players are a year older and in better shape........especially Barkov. I think it will likely be close but I wouldn't be shocked if they rolled over and went belly up due to Mr. Boo's burning the candle at both ends. Expectations for Lu and Reimer are probably too optimistic since their groin injuries. When a coach doesn't trust anyone but his top players, it's a tough habit to break when the season is on the line. :)
Your theory makes no sense because we're playing our best hockey late into the season and Lou had time off because of his groin injury

Did you watch the game last night? It wasn't a fatigue issue.

Reactions: batting1k

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
The problem with Haley is he only provides value to the team when the team is tied or up in games. When losing by 2 early or 1 late, you can't put him on the ice.
Mamin should absolutely be in for Haley next game, or McGinn. I really don't care.

Mamin also has the makings of a good Pker, something we (Barkov) needs. More people to reduce his TOI.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Hindsight verifies that Lu should've had a night off to rest, but Boughner decided to roll with the hot goalie. As others have commented, he looked a little tired in Rangers game. He seemed slow to get up a few times in that game, I remember one of the times I thought he might've hurt himself again. While Lu wasn't at his best, the D coverage left him hanging a lot last night. Duchene was all alone to snipe a shot on both of his goals. There wasn't much he could do on the tipped shot right in front of him. Lu pulled them through slow starts the previous two games, but it wasn't to be last night. Three games in a row against teams out of playoff picture, sluggish starts for FL in all three.
The Panthers still should've pulled that game out, but missing the net on 21 shot attempts, as well as the dreaded extra pass that leads to no shot at all, hindered their chances. Maybe Andy playing well caused them to try to be too perfect.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
of course we get anderson and then rask. we better beat the oilers on saturday. we're still just 3pt behind nj with 2 in hand, 4 behind clb with 3 in hand.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Your theory makes no sense because we're playing our best hockey late into the season and Lou had time off because of his groin injury

Did you watch the game last night? It wasn't a fatigue issue.
Nope, I'm on vacation.

If they don't make it, I'll look forward to your thoughts on what happened. :)

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Haley wearing green jersey (extra skaters) at practice today.

-ghoste

tenor.gif

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Nope, I'm on vacation.

If they don't make it, I'll look forward to your thoughts on what happened. :)
Oh shocking. Another declaratory statement based on not viewing a game.

They don't make the playoffs because they lack quality productive depth and went with an inexperienced d core to start the year which caused them to a dig themselves into a hole which they've been digging out. Add in a new coach with a new system and it's a poor start that did them in.

It isn't the guys who are putting up career years and continuously carrying the team to victory who are causing us to miss the playoffs.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Per Matthew DeFranks, no Trocheck and no Petrovic (Brickley centering line 2). Hopefully they just need a day off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->