Series Talk: Those in New England have an announcer choice for Games 1 and 2

Which feed will you watch on Monday and Wednesday?

• NESN ( Jack, Andy, Sophia and the gang in Watertown)

Votes: 49 63.6%
  • ESPN ( Sean McDonough, Ray Ferraro, Emily Kaplan and in Bristol, CT Levy, Messier, Chelios )

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Rogers Sportsnet

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • TVAS (French)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
NESN all the way. I can always mute it and listen to 98.5 if I have to. And I will once the Bruins advance to round 2.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
There isn't anyone I'd rather listen to call a Bruins game than Jack and Brick. Jack has so much personality and Brick is the best color analyst in the business. I want the call on Bruins games to have a hometown slant, and I don't see why they shouldn't. Its like watching with a friend. I still like national broadcasts for other teams (although they have gotten markedly worse over the years), but they feel cold and neutral for the Bruins.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Will all game be on ESPN? I want to get sling so it has ESPN and TNT/TBS but will miss out on NESN for round 1 (or at least I thought)
yes witht he exception of the mother's day game. That is on TNT

You should check to make sure espn isn't blacked out tho

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
There isn't anyone I'd rather listen to call a Bruins game than Jack and Brick. Jack has so much personality and Brick is the best color analyst in the business. I want the call on Bruins games to have a hometown slant, and I don't see why they shouldn't. Its like watching with a friend. I still like national broadcasts for other teams (although they have gotten markedly worse over the years), but they feel cold and neutral for the Bruins.

Brick is good.

But I'll take Daryl Reaugh any day.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I would prefer NESN but it looks like that's not an option for me in the playoffs so ESPN it is. I also listen to the games on my phone when I can't get the game on tv and I enjoy listening to Jack and Brick. They are big Bruins guys obviously but they aren't annoying homers like some announcers I've listened to from other teams.

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I was wondering, did "Chicken Parm" Ferraro always sound like Lars Ulrich from Metallica? Because I don't remember him sounding like that, but I may be misremembering.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
I'm tired of Jack's hollow chuckling, so I prefer the game-calling of McDonough. Ferraro is good too. The only thing is I miss the between-period NESN crew. Messier and Chelios bring nothing.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Don't mind McDonough. But Ferraro is bad. Can we combine? have Sean do the PbP and Brick be the analyst?

I wish Sean was with AJ Myzelko (sp) she is great. Her and Melrose is a good call.

Agree with Messier and Chelios being awful though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad