Series Talk: Those in New England have an announcer choice for Games 1 and 2

Which feed will you watch on Monday and Wednesday?

• NESN ( Jack, Andy, Sophia and the gang in Watertown)

Votes: 49 63.6%
  • ESPN ( Sean McDonough, Ray Ferraro, Emily Kaplan and in Bristol, CT Levy, Messier, Chelios )

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Rogers Sportsnet

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • TVAS (French)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Monday and Wednesday nights those in the NESN region ( all of New England except SW Connecticut ) can choose between NESN or ESPN.

NESN will not be legally available in the rest of the US. ESPN is the only option.

In Canada, Sportsnet may choose the Carolina feed instead of ESPN simply to avoid putting Ray Ferraro on the air.

For those in New England which feed will you watch?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Monday and Wednesday nights those in the NESN region ( all of New England except SW Connecticut ) can choose between NESN or ESPN.

NESN will not be legally available in the rest of the US. ESPN is the only option.

In Canada, Sportsnet may choose the Carolina feed instead of ESPN simply to avoid putting Ray Ferraro on the air.

Don't count out Sportsnet using the NESN feed. Even when NESN isn't available nationally in the US, Sportsnet has used the NESN feed. I would say that 80% of Bruins games that have been on one of the Sportsnet channels, they have used the NESN feed, even when Jack and Brick were in the studio as opposed to in the rink.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Don't love any of the options. I almost wish my French was much, much better. Don't like Jack, and he is losing it. Between Ferraro and the great studio guys on Espn I would be sickened by the anti-Bruin flu. Rogers might be ok, but it is anti-Bruin. Edit : Trip Tracy is utterly nauseating on the Canes feed. I have nightmares with he, Jack, and Edzo in the same booth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenian24

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Don't count out Sportsnet using the NESN feed. Even when NESN isn't available nationally in the US, Sportsnet has used the NESN feed. I would say that 80% of Bruins games that have been on one of the Sportsnet channels, they have used the NESN feed, even when Jack and Brick were in the studio as opposed to in the rink.
They have used a lot of NESN feeds

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Don't love any of the options. I almost wish my French was much, much better. Don't like Jack, and he is losing it. Between Ferraro and the great studio guys on Espn I would be sickened by the anti-Bruin flu. Rogers might be ok, but it is anti-Bruin.
Edwards has regressed significantly this year. His extended laughs
during play are obvious attempts to cover up his inability to correctly
identify players in the moment. Its too bad, because he has had a tremendous announcing career but its time for him to retire.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NESN goes offer them less intrusive graphics

Bally Sports is a nightmare

1651418432271.png

They have burried the game on SN360 so

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Probably a game where I'll see how long I last on one channel before checking out the other. May also depend on whether they're winning or losing.

Reactions: LSCII and TCB

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Have hardly been able to watch NESN this year because Center Ice has been showing the other feed 95% of the time.

I haven't really missed it to be honest.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Sean is my buddy and by far my favorite PBP guy across all sports. Will tune into the ESPN feed.

I will probably switch the box to the big TV I usually use the Xfinity stream on that one since I use it for video games and films with tv2 for spots while watching a movie or gaming.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
NESN if it is possible. First I like Jack, Brick and Sophia. I want a channel that cheers for my team. Most oftenly I get ESPN and I don't like their product. As per TVA which will be available, their dislike of the Bruins even though they sometime try to hide it, gets disturbing along the game and I don't appreciate it.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Jack and Brick all the way, however long that lasts. I thought ESPN, or, in years past, NBC/NBC Sports or whatever basically barged in and took all B's playoff games for themselves, bigfooting NESN. Is that still the case?

Also, why would TSN want to embargo Ray Ferraro? Please to explain.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Jack and Brick all the way, however long that lasts. I thought ESPN, or, in years past, NBC/NBC Sports or whatever basically barged in and took all B's playoff games for themselves, bigfooting NESN. Is that still the case?

Also, why would TSN want to embargo Ray Ferraro? Please to explain.
Sportsnet does not like TSN employees showing up on their air. ESPN has also hired TSN's Gord Miller for playoff action but Sportsnet will look for any alternative not to use him.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Man I hope so. The only person who likes the NESN feed more than me is my wife.

Reactions: NDiesel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad