GDT: Those are some pretty bad +/- statistics: San Jose @ CBJ 3/16/24 7:00 PM

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
JD was able to acquire a 60 goal scorer (current pace with CBJ) for a spare part.

Stop the GM search. The best candidate is in the room:sarcasm:
I understand %SH is too big, 20,5. But it is about play too. Also Nylander is more creative, faster, has better skill, hockey vision. Maybe they could have given him a proper chance, like a few games with Crosby or Malkin. A playing with them could maybe help him find his game. But we'll never know.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I understand %SH is too big, 20,5. But it is about play too. Also Nylander is more creative, faster, has better skill, hockey vision. Maybe they could have given him a proper chance, like a few games with Crosby or Malkin. A playing with them could maybe help him find his game. But we'll never know.
I was just having some fun with that last post.

Nylander is really only getting his second long look in the NHL since he was drafted 8th overall in 2016. He's definitely making the most of it. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that he may have a long NHL career ahead of him at this point. If he can score close to 20 goals and be a responsible defensive player, then there's no reason for him not to stick in the NHL.

I'm rooting for him to make it as a full time NHLer for years to come. Jonathan Marchessault didn't stick with 2 NHL organizations and he was 25 before he established himself in the NHL. I'm not saying that Nylander has the talent level of JMM, but every so often a player looks like a bust at the NHL level for a long time before putting it all together and sticking in the NHL.

Reactions: majormajor

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I was just having some fun with that last post.

Nylander is really only getting his second long look in the NHL since he was drafted 8th overall in 2016. He's definitely making the most of it. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that he may have a long NHL career ahead of him at this point. If he can score close to 20 goals and be a responsible defensive player, then there's no reason for him not to stick in the NHL.

I'm rooting for him to make it as a full time NHLer for years to come. Jonathan Marchessault didn't stick with 2 NHL organizations and he was 25 before he established himself in the NHL. I'm not saying that Nylander has the talent level of JMM, but every so often a player looks like a bust at the NHL level for a long time before putting it all together and sticking in the NHL.
I was comparing him to Bemstrom. Only time will tell what his future will be.
Marchessault is a bad example. He is 5'9/185 (now), Alex is 6'1/192.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad