GDT: Those are some pretty bad +/- statistics: San Jose @ CBJ 3/16/24 7:00 PM

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
At this point you have to give Nylander a QO. Also at this point can we say Tarasov has arrived?
Id be hesitant to say that but hes looked good. I just hope he can build up his speed and explosiveness next year

Nylander : 11 - 8 - 3 - 11
Bemström: 12 - 1 - 2 - 3

Dubas loves it... :sarcasm:
3 is more than the 0 Nylander would have had. Bemstrom sounds like the same player he was here, responsible but unexciting

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good goaltending by Tarasov. It’s his net as far as I’m concerned

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Vincent gave Nylander a chance to play, Pens didn't. It is a big difference.
Yeah which leads to exactly what I said. I dont think Sullivan trusted Nylander on the ice and honestly until now hes been pretty bad. Looks like a guy who figured out this could be one of his last good chances to be an NHLer and that his name/draft position mean nothing

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Id be hesitant to say that but hes looked good. I just hope he can build up his speed and explosiveness next year

3 is more than the 0 Nylander would have had. Bemstrom sounds like the same player he was here, responsible but unexciting

I watched most of the Rags - Pens game today. Bemstrom was not noticeable and I even forgot he was a Penguin. Roslovic was noticeable. The tv people had nice things to say about Wennberg.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
At this point you have to give Nylander a QO. Also at this point can we say Tarasov has arrived?
Nylander pretty much leads the team in everything since he was acquired.

What does that say about the players we already had? Granted he'll eventually cool off but he's doing something right the others who have been here a while are not.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Nylander pretty much leads the team in everything since he was acquired.

What does that say about the players we already had? Granted he'll eventually cool off but he's doing something right the others who have been here a while are not.
Johnny has been putting up points. But it probably says the longterm guys are pretty much ready for the season to be over while Nylander is trying to prove he can be an everyday NHLer

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Johnny has been putting up points. But it probably says the longterm guys are pretty much ready for the season to be over while Nylander is trying to prove he can be an everyday NHLer
Outside of a few players like Johnny, Boone, Gudbranson and Zach, I'd like to think all of them should still be trying to prove they are NHL'ers since they have zero sustained track record to back them.

Reactions: EspenK

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Outside of a few players like Johnny, Boone, Gudbranson and Zach, I'd like to think all of them should still be trying to prove they are NHL'ers since they have zero sustained track record to back them.
Ill nitpick and say Ive liked Severson a fair amount lately.

Marchenko is the strangest case. Ever since super coach Vincent had his stupid quote to the media his game looks mostly uninspired. Definitely doesnt look to be having fun right now

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Marchenko is the strangest case. Ever since super coach Vincent had his stupid quote to the media his game looks mostly uninspired. Definitely doesnt look to be having fun right now
Vincent was right. Russian line had no shape, but instead of playing more simply, they tried to combine too much. As result- lot of puck losses. He didn't hinder their play before, quite the opposite.

In my opinion Kirill has mental problems. He can't score a goal, has scored only 4 goals in 32 games since his hattrick with Buffalo. That's what every coach has to respond to.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Yeah. I certainly didn't list everybody but I think Severson is adjusting to the team fine and has a role here when they get better. Marchenko has disappeared. maybe part of it is the sickness and part of it was the scratch but now that they've split up the Russian line again and Chinakov is hurt he seems lost with whoever he is playing with. I don't even know who he's paired with right now.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Yeah. I certainly didn't list everybody but I think Severson is adjusting to the team fine and has a role here when they get better. Marchenko has disappeared. maybe part of it is the sickness and part of it was the scratch but now that they've split up the Russian line again and Chinakov is hurt he seems lost with whoever he is playing with. I don't even know who he's paired with right now.
The Russian line played well mainly because of their chemistry. But I liked Voronkov - Sillinger - Marchenko as well. Maybe Vincent could renew it and move Texier to center to TFW and Pyyhtiä.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Very happy for Nylander.

Judging from the hightlights, I'd approximate that 13-38-92 had about 58 minutes of ice time.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I'm sure they will. They claimed that they believed in him when they acquired him and so far Nylander is proving them right.
I feel like this is one of the first real good looks he’s gotten in a long time. He had 26 points in like 71 games early in his career with Chicago and then I think he got injured and fell out of favour over there. He also didn’t really get much of a chance in Pittsburgh imo. Could have found a gem here. Lots of people saying he’s playing with no pressure at this point in the season but I’d say he’s playing with lots of pressure. Could’ve been the last look he was going to get. He’s playing like it was anyways. Great to see

Edit: 17% shooting percentage is high but not crazy. Reinhart holds the cake this year with thst one sitting around 22-24%

Reactions: punk_o_holic

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I was at the Crew game. Am I to understand that the Jackets had a third period lead and DIDN'T screw it up?

Note that the Sharks current roster is so bad not a single active player is on anyone’s team in the HF CBJ fantasy league. (Couture and Vanacek are on IR.) Of their active players, Granlund is rostered in 22% of yahoo’s fantasy leagues and Zetterlund is rostered in 5% of the leagues. For comparison, Werenski, Gaudreau, and Jenner are rostered in 67%, 48%, and 47%, and we have 8 active guys rostered in at least 5% of yahoo’s leagues. Anaheim and Chicago (Bedard 94%, Jones 59%) and Anaheim (Vatrano 84%, Gudas 54%) also have much better rosters if you look at who fantasy owners own.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The Sharks are only a few losses away from setting the worst team record in the salary cap era. On pace for 3rd-worst at the moment, but I have faith they can string together some more losses.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Nylander: 11 - 8 - 3 - 11 (of course, too high %SH but really good play)
Bemström: 12 - 1 - 2 - 3

Dubas loves it... :sarcasm:
JD was able to acquire a 60 goal scorer (current pace with CBJ) for a spare part.

Stop the GM search. The best candidate is in the room:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4