TSN: Thomas Vanek (50% retained) traded to Florida for 2017 3rd RD pick +Dylan McIlrath

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Sucks Florida is losing, our draft pick we get in the deal will be worse now.

although with them losing THIS much there probably won't really be much difference between the Florida and Arizona picks anyways :laugh:

it's 6 spots right now(including adding in Vegas) and could easily drop a couple more whether that's from Florida falling below another team or two or New Jersey/Vancouver falling below Arizona

and if either New Jersey or Vancouver fell below Arizona that would actually be two spots since Vegas would then jump them too

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Pinning their entire collapse on Vanek makes absolutely no sense. Florida hasn't been in the playoffs all season... And you're surprised they missed the playoffs? Vanek wasn't going to be the difference maker.

And 9 points in 16 games isn't bad on a new team. Not great, but not bad either.

Yep, it's hard to blame the hot mess that Florida has been on Vanek. Rowe, yes, Vanek, no.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It would be hilarious if Florida picks top 3 from the lottery and we end up with a better pick than if they made the playoffs.

Would most likely knock us down a couple picks in the first, still would be funny.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
It would be hilarious if Florida picks top 3 from the lottery and we end up with a better pick than if they made the playoffs.

Would most likely knock us down a couple picks in the first, still would be funny.

Someone else correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it only the first round that is affected by lottery? Every other round is determined by standings I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad