TSN: Thomas Vanek (50% retained) traded to Florida for 2017 3rd RD pick +Dylan McIlrath

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
As I said in the deadline thread. His reputation around the league must really be in the toilet if he was only able to bring back the same value as Jurco plus waiver fodder AND we had to retain half his salary.

I thought he'd pull a conditional 2nd at minimum.

This is bad.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Lower than we wanted, but better than nothing for a guy signed on a 1 year UFA deal.

The Wings turned free agent signings of Vanek and Ott into draft picks. Classic EA Sports Be a GM mode stuff.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Lower than we wanted, but better than nothing for a guy signed on a 1 year UFA deal.

The Wings turned free agent signings of Vanek and Ott into draft picks. Classic EA Sports Be a GM mode stuff.

True. Much better than nothing.

His reputation must really suck around the league if that's all he could pull.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
why not at least spend the next few hours trying for more? I have a tough time seeing them do any worse

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
why not at least spend the next few hours trying for more? I have a tough time seeing them do any worse

maybe because nobody really wanted him. so by the time 3pm rolls around all the teams who inquired about him have already moved on to different players, which would have lowered the return even more

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
How does McIlrath compare to the Dmen we have now?

Since my fiancé is die hard rangers fan I see a lot of their games. I thought he was pretty solid bottom pairing guy last year. I haven't watched or followed him though at all lately. FLA fans are saying he's a career ahler...so yea no idea. He's gotta be better than Kindl and Smith though right :laugh:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The fact that Holland got better than expected returns on both Smith and Jurco, makes me feel a little better about this. I'm assuming there wasn't much more he could do given Vanek's reputation and the fact that he was a rental.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
True. Much better than nothing.

His reputation must really suck around the league if that's all he could pull.

I warned everyone to temper their expectations. Although I expected a 2nd rounder, honestly.

But Vanek is 33, kinda slow, and he's been nursing random injuries. I get the lowball prices, even if he can be a great scoring winger.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I warned everyone to temper their expectations. Although I expected a 2nd rounder, honestly.

But Vanek is 33, kinda slow, and he's been nursing random injuries. I get the lowball prices, even if he can be a great scoring winger.

and terrible playoff performer as of late.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

watch Los Angeles pay more than the Wings got for Vanek for Iginla :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad