Confirmed with Link: Thomas Greiss Extended (3 years, 3.33 AAV)

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
I was thinking watching yesterday Trotz is significantly more important to this team than JT was. JT is a hall of famer who is almost always healthy. And Trotz is more important.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Idk about that. He's got a decent shot but by no means even close to a shoe-in. Lots of guys who were stars don't make the HOF i.e. Turgeon.

Yea he's not in right now. He has zero hardware. He can certainly get there, but if his career continues as it has, he's probably in the hall of very good.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Idk about that. He's got a decent shot but by no means even close to a shoe-in. Lots of guys who were stars don't make the HOF i.e. Turgeon.
Tavares is clearly on target for the HOF. A lot of greats did miss and some are still borderline like Mogilny however JT has been consistent his entire career and barring injury I don't see that changing. He's in his prime so I'm predicting his best years are still ahead of him.

MIK55

Jul 4, 2018
Here's the thing. Far too much was expected of JT when he was in NY; he was supposed to be the savior. He was to some degree; don't see getting past round 1 in 2016 without him. But if I were voting on HOF today, his career does not merit HOF status. Not his fault; management did not do a good job surrounding him with effective players. This is not to say (through gritted teeth) that what happens with Toronto would not put him over the top and into the hall.

I surely agree that he is far from a shoo-in.

(Between the two, I think our other 91 ought to be there; his impact on the team's success was undeniable and anyone who was that much of a difference maker deserves the game's highest honor).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad