Confirmed with Link: Thomas Greiss Extended (3 years, 3.33 AAV)

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Great game by our #1 goalie. With all the pressure he Kept us alive and stole it at MSG

Absolutely, be nice to get Jaro back here to spell him now and then...with our team defense every one of his starts are frantic, no easy ones like other goalies get on occasion

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
that road trip was very tough on him, but i am more confident than ever that he can handle the #1 spot.

i still think that there is time for Berube to become a decent goalie, but i am hoping that Halak gets the call, AND accepts what he is given. let the coaches coach, and just do your ****ing job as well as you can

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Stick side is a feast for shooters.

not just with Greiss. Halak had major issues on the blocker side the past few seasons as well. Blocker side, above the pads, is a great spot for shooters, especially with those rocket-flex sticks they use, shooting through screens from defenders trying to block shots.

This is true of other teams/goalies as well.

I don't think it's a knock on Greiss specifically.

Greiss has been solid this year, for the most part. His stats are among other #1 goalies, middle of the pack, which is certainly respectable.

Isles issues, this year, aren't on goaltending.

The play of the forwards in the first half, especially offensively, was embarrassing. It's been catch-up ever since and a minor miracle they still have a shot.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Really? Snow overplays Halak during our rough start, and goalie management goes downhill from there. Whatever Jaro did/said, it was out of frustration of having to deal with Garth and his ego.
IMHO, we started the year with a better than average tandem.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Really? Snow overplays Halak during our rough start, and goalie management goes downhill from there. Whatever Jaro did/said, it was out of frustration of having to deal with Garth and his ego.

Greiss/Halak>>>>>>>>>>>>Greiss/Berube

Garth sucks. Id be pissed too if if were Halak. Two goals during practice and 3 goalies. Garth Must Go!

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
not just with Greiss. Halak had major issues on the blocker side the past few seasons as well. Blocker side, above the pads, is a great spot for shooters, especially with those rocket-flex sticks they use, shooting through screens from defenders trying to block shots.

This is true of other teams/goalies as well.

I don't think it's a knock on Greiss specifically.

Greiss has been solid this year, for the most part. His stats are among other #1 goalies, middle of the pack, which is certainly respectable.

The play of the forwards in the first half, especially offensively, was embarrassing. It's been catch-up ever since and a minor miracle they still have a shot.

Yeah, definitely not just Greiss. That's just a great place to shoot. Frans' shootout strategy was to approach the net in position to take that shot, and then he'd generally either go ahead and shoot or pull it to the backhand and roof it.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Good job by Thomas Greiss last night in stealing a game. Hopefully this is a sign he is starting to heat up while this team struggles to put the puck in the net offensively. Still needs to clean up his puck control and passing behind the net.

Last edited:

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Can’t help noticing my post last season which tuned into a disappointing year but that said, Greiss is as hot as he has ever been right now. Hope he can keep it up.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
did you see that rush by Crosby last night? Greiss and Halak saw several of those each game last year.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Bumping my own post due to Halak and Greiss' stats so far this year. Some dumb Bruins fans want to trade Rask because they see Halak taking them to the Promised Land.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Bumping my own post due to Halak and Greiss' stats so far this year. Some dumb Bruins fans want to trade Rask because they see Halak taking them to the Promised Land.
Rask has always been a slow starter. Bruins fans were trading his the last 2 seasons.

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
He caught on the Korn's style of goaltending relatively quickly. He'll have some bad nights coming up, but he seems to have bought into the new coaching scheme as have the rest of the team. This all adds up to a great start for our goaltending.

Reactions: dood and Quicklime

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Greiss numbers are very similar to his first year as a NYI. He's having a bounce back year and isn't facing nearly as many shots on goal as last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad