This year's new PP recipe =...

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
This thread needs more realization of what Cameron did in the Buffalo game with nearly the full top PP unit available...

They had 5 PPs and consistently used the same two PP looks.

Karlsson Right point MacArthur left. Stone Turrus Prince in front of net. Then second unit Karlsson stays on ice but switches point. Hoffman on the point... But Karlsson seemed to float some and they collapsed to like a pyramid at times... Which could be circumstances or a strategy?

Either way forwards on the point on each PP. This had to be practice for the season. Seems that it is likely MacArthur and Hoffman are gonna be points on the PP. granted Wiercioch was not on the game... But it is interesting that in 5 chances they go the same units basically each time.

Not saying this is a good or bad plan... But this thread is about what our PP might be like and it seems to me the Buffalo game gives a good indication of the general strategy they are likely planning to use.

Also Chiasson on second unit. Due to lack of all the players Prince on first unit... But Prince looked good... Maybe he gets some time on the PP this year. Ryan, Chiasson, Prince used at various times as the slot guys.

I only watched live and not on TV so someone probably has better memories and maybe watched it several times. The PP was not that effective in some of their Opportunites though. But preseason... Still every time the same basic units. Karlsson getting like maybe 7/8 mins on the PP in a preseason game.

Interesting.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
1st unit
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Wideman KingK

2nd unit
Prince - Zibby - Chiasson
Wiercoch KingK

(No Ryan, no Michalek)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
1st unit
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Wideman KingK

2nd unit
Prince - Zibby - Chiasson
Wiercoch KingK

(No Ryan, no Michalek)

Michalek has the 6th best PP Pts/60 on the team over the last 2 seasons (oddly, Phillips is 1st :dunno:)

It's frankly shocking that you'd put Chiasson on ahead of him (and Ryan for that matter).

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Michalek has the 6th best PP Pts/60 on the team over the last 2 seasons (oddly, Phillips is 1st :dunno:)

It's frankly shocking that you'd put Chiasson on ahead of him (and Ryan for that matter).

I'm going with hands and mobility. Stone and Hoff as snipers on 1st unit. Ryan lacks foot speed. Michalek lacks creativity of Hoff, Stone, Turry...stats mislead --> Phillips!

Chia has shown he is willing/able to block goalie & tip pucks. Me likey

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
I think that to get Bobby Ryan where he needs to get back to as an offensive weapon, he needs PP time... either on the first or second unit. Let's give him a chance to earn the money he'll be making... put him in a position to succeed offensively.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I think that to get Bobby Ryan where he needs to get back to as an offensive weapon, he needs PP time... either on the first or second unit. Let's give him a chance to earn the money he'll be making... put him in a position to succeed offensively.

Ryan has the hands and shot, he needs to be incorporated one way or another for the team's PP success. That said, I'm no PP video coach aficionado, so I'll leave it at that.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

The pp is where he is most effective pure skill less skating. He has a great shot coming off the right side of the ice, in an umbrella situation he can also set up Karl for a one T.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ryan has the hands and shot, he needs to be incorporated one way or another for the team's PP success. That said, I'm no PP video coach aficionado, so I'll leave it at that.

I agree. Ryan should be on the PP because he is a proven PP performer who did score 14, 11, 5 and 3 PP goals during his four 30+ goal seasons.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Put Bobby back with Turris on the PP, but keep them seprate 5 on 5. It let's Bobby lead his own line 5 on 5, and he's clearly developed some solid chemistry with Zib. It gives him more of a playmaker on the PP though, which allows him to be more of a triggerman and put up goals (which is what he's getting the big bucks to do, coaching has to help him get there).

PP1: Ryan - Turris - Stone - Wiercioch - Karlsson
PP2: Mac - Zib - MM/Hoff - Karlsson - Wideman/Hoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad