This team needs a shakeup. What do you do?

What do you to this team after losing to the Kings when leading by 3 goals in the third period?

• Take the captaincy away from Boone Jenner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
True, we were a little more successful with an identity then. What do you think the team's identity should be as they construct this roster?

I think good defense has to be a part of the identity of a team that will go far. You need 2 pairs you can count on at the end of games. I think if the Jackets wanted to have a defense that moved the puck up the ice quickly, they should have found a good defensive guy to match with the puck movers.

I really don’t have a preference on offense. I think you can win with a possession offense or a forecheck offense.

I personally like having a team that isn’t afraid to hit or drop the gloves, but if we go a more finesse route, we better have a a couple of guys ready to go if the other team starts taking cheap shots.

So I guess I am saying I want a team that is known for its defense and is the kind of team you don’t want to mess with.

Reactions: Heavy Metal Jackets

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think good defense has to be a part of the identity of a team that will go far. You need 2 pairs you can count on at the end of games. I think if the Jackets wanted to have a defense that moved the puck up the ice quickly, they should have found a good defensive guy to match with the puck movers.

I really don’t have a preference on offense. I think you can win with a possession offense or a forecheck offense.

I personally like having a team that isn’t afraid to hit or drop the gloves, but if we go a more finesse route, we better have a a couple of guys ready to go if the other team starts taking cheap shots.

So I guess I am saying I want a team that is known for its defense and is the kind of team you don’t want to mess with.
Fair. And this team is not that.

So to you they don’t have an identity.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Fair. And this team is not that.

So to you they don’t have an identity.

Unfortunately they do have an identity. Their identity is they choke in the third period. The number of people I know that check in game betting odds confirms this. Heck, you have local sports personalities tweeting about during the games.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Unfortunately they do have an identity. Their identity is they choke in the third period. The number of people I know that check in game betting odds confirms this. Heck, you have local sports personalities tweeting about during the games.

I think the term or nickname could be turtle. They tend to hide in their shell in the third period.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Play the Kids
IMG_0566.jpeg

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I'm too lazy to type all this again, but this is why I'm at the point I'm at with this team.
Okay...
KCbus Xitter said:
It starts at the top. Ownership is completely absent, so there's no accountability for anyone in the front office. As a #Crew96 fan, I've found out recently exactly how important that is. In six years, we went from a scumbag owner and a complicit commissioner trying to move us out of town, to new, much more local (Cleveland) ownership, one championship season, a brand new gem of a downtown stadium, a coaching change, and a SECOND Championship season. Two titles in four years. That's what committed owership can get you.
This is a wonderful example of why I roll my eyes at the "new ownership" idea. Becuase that same ownership is better known for a different franchise that has had considerably less postseason success than the Jackets over the last five or ten years...

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad