Post-Game Talk: This season was awesome

Neighbor Lee

Sponsor
Oct 25, 2013
Droneview
Being in PNC for the playoffs, especially the Caps, was one of the best sporting experiences I've had. I'll never forget this run.

Listened to a bit of Game 4 last night on the radio and heard more intelligent analysis from Tripp than all series on Tv (thought Boucher was good though)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Being in PNC for the playoffs, especially the Caps, was one of the best sporting experiences I've had. I'll never forget this run.

Listened to a bit of Game 4 last night on the radio and heard more intelligent analysis from Tripp than all series on Tv (thought Boucher was good though)
Tripp gets a bad rap here.

Yeah, he is a bit like our crazy uncle, but he brings a lot of value to the broadcast, and he has a lot of great insight we just don't see elsewhere. When you get to the national broadcasts, its all about inflating the tires of the big market teams and slobbering all over the stars. John and Tripp are far more informative about the game itself, and we're better off for it.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
The moon and the stars weep for you sons and daughters of The Storm, for your sacrifice, you have given what we all must give, you have tried to deny the dark its claim.
You fought and you fell. For our hope. And for this you shall earn the place in our stories.
Your story, your story that began in the midst of chaotic regular season it will not end, it will only change.

In the warm sunny days between the seasons you will be reborn, you will become stories, memories, you will remain in our hearts and minds, you will be in us, the fans. And these fans shall tell your story. You will endure. And because of your sacrifice, so will the fans.

God I love this guy!

Thank you for showing us the Path of Vengeance--we shall carry it on in your honor :)

Also, why do I have the feeling some random day next season we'll be looking for your posts--they'll all be gone--we'll ask the admins "What happened to @MrazeksVengeance ?" They'll say...."There never was a MrazeksVengeance on this site." and then we'll realize you were really truly more than a man, but a spirit....and that you lived inside of our hearts all along.

tenor.gif

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Well, after what we went through the last 10 years, I'll take it, and like it.

So many great memories from this run- it seems like its been forever since they clinched a spot. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend 3 games, including Game 6 against Washington which was undoubtedly the loudest sounds I've heard humans make.

This is great for the team, and the city itself. Glad to see so many people pulling for the Canes even if they are "fair weather" fans. Hopefully Dundon will build on this and this franchise will finally turn the corner,

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
After all of the other play callers, I love Tripp
I unabashedly love Tripp. He's goofy and homerish and honest and vulnerable and human and really, really funny.

I love every time he tells John that he loves him, and obviously means it, and John shifts around uncomfortably and says "you too" because his dad obviously never told him he loved him.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
God I love this guy!

Thank you for showing us the Path of Vengeance--we shall carry it on in your honor :)

Also, why do I have the feeling some random day next season we'll be looking for your posts--they'll all be gone--we'll ask the admins "What happened to @MrazeksVengeance ?" They'll say...."There never was a MrazeksVengeance on this site." and then we'll realize you were really truly more than a man, but a spirit....and that you lived inside of our hearts all along.

tenor.gif

It's like The Sixth Sense, except with no sense at all.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
God I love this guy!

tenor.gif

I am just a stressed out medicine studying kid whose only option to express himself artistically is via writing.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu

>>>>>>>>> Avengers poster. Pig puts us over the top imo. We've experienced the Thanos snap.....but stay tuned for next season to see what happens to our lovable Jerks :sarcasm:

Anyway, sigh. I don't know about you guys, but the NHL is pretty much dead to me for this season lol. That's my very mature way of handling crippling defeat in sports...I just move on to the next season lol.

I'll be watching my Yankees and following this board (I really mean it when I say I love this fanbase / board), updates, figuring out if it makes sense to get a ticket plan even though I live out of state, etc lol! But, I'm past the hate-watching part of my sports life -- so ehhhh I hope to see the Bruins implode but won't hold my breath. :laugh:

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
The best part of this season is giving us confidence in the future. This year was a perfect storm of a season. From ownership to management, to Rod and everyone in that locker room, to the marketing department and everyone involved in the grassroots effort to get the community involved and engaged. We have earned league wide attention, which wouldn’t be possible without the incredible work on and off the ice, both during and postgame, by this incredible band of brothers.

Looking ahead to this incredible young core leading us to such a bright future ahead full of consistently making the playoffs, hopefully with a few more deep runs sprinkled in. It feels so good to know that we are only at the beginning of what should hopefully be a great decade ahead.

I’ve been a Canes fan for the better part of 20 years, and this season is one I will never forget.

JacquesCousteau

a great caniac
Jun 6, 2018
Even the official NHL store is getting on board with our nonsense. I remember checking in there and only seeing some clearance Skinner jerseys and a fidget spinner.

Also....yeah, I ordered one.
upload_2019-5-20_16-34-33.png

Reactions: vorbis and DaveG

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Honestly, Canes hockey was fun for the first time in a long time. I never lost faith, but I'd had abut all the kicks to the crotch and sharp sticks in the eye that I could handle.

I think this is the big thing for me. Fandom had stopped being a source of joy and had become an experience of masochism.

Whatever thoughts I'd had of pulling back as a fan weren't out of unwillingness to "stay the course", or of anger or anything like that. It just wasn't doing anything for me.

This year became fun again. Everything that's always been fun about the funnest Canes teams (namely fan engagement), this year had in spades (everything that is passive about passive voice, this sentence has).

Conference Finals were great, and I think the value of a deep playoff run is great for the community and for the experience of the roster itself. But if Brock McGinn hadn't scored that double OT winner, and this team had gone home in 7 in the first round, I think from a fan engagement perspective I'd still be just as excited for next year. The personality of this team secured its hook on me as a fan for the foreseeable future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad