Post-Game Talk: This season was awesome

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yes, the ending sucked. It hurts right now.

But overall, this more than makes up for the dreary, bleak, and just downright shitty seasons we put up with for 10 years.

From the celebrations, to the Bunch of Jerks, to Brock McGinns OT game 7 goal, to our first ever 4-game series sweep. We have finally seen the rebirth of Hockey in Raleigh!

You bet I will cherish this season forever. Here's to many more in the future! :cheers:

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Yes, the ending sucked. It hurts right now.

But overall, this more than makes up for the dreary, bleak, and just downright ****ty seasons we put up with for 10 years.

From the celebrations, to the Bunch of Jerks, to Brock McGinns OT game 7 goal, to our first ever 4-game series sweep.

You bet I will cherish this season forever. Here's to many more in the future! :cheers:
Agreed.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
As I posted elsewhere, it felt oddly appropriate for our season to end failing to score with the goalie pulled. lol.

Game 7 double OT will be one of my all time favorite sports moments ever.

It's a bitter, bitter pill to swallow. But sometimes you gotta experience crushing defeat and build off on that for the future. We've got a great core. You can obviously never predict anything, but we were one average pp away from contending for a Cup.

Sports giveth, sports taketh way.

Glad I joined this board and met you guys.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Outstanding season. The harsh reality of sports is only 1 team is truly happy at the end. Still, being in the final 4 was great, no matter how sour our final series went.

There're no guarantees of what awaits us next season, but the fan base is engaged again, we made some money, have cap space, assets, and a young team that should improve in theory. Our fan base and team have a whole new culture in the matter of a year. This should be a place we can attract players to if we decide to go that route. And hopefully the way the Bruins dominated us will show management and some of the fans that we still need upgrades to our roster to maintain what we have and move on to even bigger and better things.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Canes Season ticket holder here who grew up a Red Winggs fan. This season was awesome. Youngest team entering the season with the lowest payroll and the Canes made the ECF. Amazing year and really excited for next year already. If I didnt bet $100 on the Canes to win $10,000 before the year started I'd be completely content right now. Call the canes jerks, the fans frontrunners, etc but I love rooting for this team and the future is bright.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
And it needs to be repeated

This was the first playoff experience for Slavin, Faulk, Pesce, Svech, Aho, Foegle, Wallmark, and (surprisingly) Martinook.

Now most of our key players now know what it takes to win in the playoffs and know the level they need to reach to have a chance at a Cup.

That’s so key.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
And it needs to be repeated

This was the first playoff experience for Slavin, Faulk, Pesce, Svech, Aho, Foegle, Wallmark, and (surprisingly) Martinook.

Now most of our key players now know what it takes to win in the playoffs and know the level they need to reach to have a chance at a Cup.

That’s so key.

Yep.

They know how to come back from 0-2 down and 2-3 down against the Defending champs. They know what it's like to play against the defending champs in game 7 in 2-OT and win. They know what it's like to sweep, and now, unfortunately, be swept.

Now comes the part where the building on this begins. The expectations get higher next season. The division is going to get even tougher next season. Gotta keep building and putting a team that can play beyond the regular season. That starts now.

Play the cards right, and this is only the beginning.

AntonFromAppState

Hurricaniac
Jan 18, 2007
North Carolina
I've been to at least 20 games every season the past 5 seasons and I have to say seeing this city get behind this team was amazing. I was telling my girlfriend after a big win during the middle of the season that this is exactly what canes fans are capable of. They were cheering lets go canes after the game and honking their horns. I love this team and this season was great. We have a fantastic foundation to build off of.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
We totally messed up our draft position for nothing.

And like I said before, my only fear is that Dundon will think he can do this again while spending to the cap floor. I do have more faith in management than at any point since Emile Francis, but I'd like to see some money change hands.

And finally, I'd like to wish the players good luck with the surgeries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad