This Pittsburgh Penguins Act is Getting Old

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Not sure why you've omitted the rest of his quote. You've taken it out of context.
That poster does that, he's an Ovi guy.
That being said the original poster saying that Crosby would eat him alive was a stretch as well

He would compete all things equal.

Still those 4 guys are better players than Crosby right now in a vacuum.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Even as a Pens fan, I still don’t think their chances are good. They have a murderers row of team to go through.

Wings and Islanders will be must win games. Then need to pick up at least a couple more points against the Bruins, Leafs, Predators, and Lightning.

Pens beat the Islanders the last game, they have the better RW. Islanders need to be farther away than 2 points as it currently stands.
They need to beat the Wings and NYI in regulation then win a couple more and hope for some luck.

They still left too many points they should have had earlier in the season and it's going to be tough.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
They need to beat the Wings and NYI in regulation then win a couple more and hope for some luck.

They still left too many points they should have had earlier in the season and it's going to be tough.
It’s basically them controlling their own destiny if they beat both those teams in regulation.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It’s basically them controlling their own destiny if they beat both those teams in regulation.
Sure but they also need to win other games and then have some luck as well.

If Detroit and Washington lose in regulation tonight that would go a long way too.

But it's up for grabs any of 5 teams could take that last spot and the other 4 are vying for that last Metro spot.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Personally I don’t see a point in making the playoffs this year. :dunno:

We’ve played like ass 90% of the season, and Sullivan is beyond clueless. So it’ll just be the same garbage where we get swept in 4.

5 games tops.

There’s no way we can go all the way without burning poor Ned out, and Jarry is a useless f***ing sieve.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

We’ve played like ass 90% of the season, and Sullivan is beyond clueless. So it’ll just be the same garbage where we get swept in 4.

5 games tops.

There’s no way we can go all the way without burning poor Ned out, and Jarry is a useless f***ing sieve.
Would rather give up the pick to San Jose this season than next, and if that's how it gonna go down they might as well make the playoffs as well.

Sullivan isn't going anywhere regardless so might as well enjoy a few games of playoff hockey and a chance for Sid to do something cool in the playoffs.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
With the losses today, here’s how the current standings are:

-Islanders: 83 points in 76 games
-Flyers: 83 points in 77 games
-Capitals: 82 points in 76 games
-Wings: 82 points in 76 games
-Penguins: 81 points in 76 games

If the Penguins go 4-2 in their remaining 6 games, I bet they end up squeaking out a playoff spot.

5 games tops.

It’s so you get the 1st as late as possible and give it up this year.

I don’t care if they get swept in round 1, but making the playoffs means their 1st is 17th overall or later.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013

5 games tops.

IMG_9753.jpeg

This is the point of making the playoffs this year

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Sure but they also need to win other games and then have some luck as well.

If Detroit and Washington lose in regulation tonight that would go a long way too.

But it's up for grabs any of 5 teams could take that last spot and the other 4 are vying for that last Metro spot.

Looks like both lost.

Let’s go Pens! Motivated Crosby in the playoffs is good for the game.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Does anyone actually not like Sid anymore? I used to hate Ovie but now that I’ve grown up with the rivalry I respect him.
People still hate him for what he was like 15 years ago.

In reality Canadians have been incredibly lucky to have this guy as the face of hockey for so long.

Reactions: sanscosm

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
Well, well, would you look at that PaulD. It would seem the supposed demise of the "old asf***" Pittsburgh Penguins has been greatly exaggerated.

• Wow
Reactions: sanscosm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad