GDT: This is the GDT

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The Skinner is bad in OT narrative should die. . All because a guy who might generate 5 chances for every 1 he gives up doesn't get scored on. You could use the same logic to play players like Dion Phaneuf or Marc Methot over Erik Karlsson in certain situations. It's just nonsensical.

Going into this season while on the ice in OT , Skinner and his teammates generated 8 shot attempts and gave up 23.

That’s a little different than creating 5 for every 1 against, yeah?

This year he’s actually been a net positive though I’m pretty sure that all happened in the Florida game. Maybe he’s turning a corner in that regard.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Going into this season while on the ice in OT , Skinner and his teammates generated 8 shot attempts and gave up 23.

That’s a little different than creating 5 for every 1 against, yeah?

This year he’s actually been a net positive though I’m pretty sure that all happened in the Florida game. Maybe he’s turning a corner in that regard.
Well, evidence to the contrary, let's just stick to our guns. ;)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
TSA line being broken up and Dahlbeck in tonight for Fleury:

Skinner-Staal-Williams
Aho-Ryan-Teravainen
McGinn-Rask-Lindholm
Nordstrom-Kruger-Di Giuseppe

Slavin-Pesce
Dahlbeck-Faulk
Hanifin-van Riemsdyk

Ward
Darling

Wonder if this is just a case of giving Dahlbeck a game every now and then to make sure he doesn't get too rusty in case they do need him.

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
I thought Fleury was pretty bad the first two periods so I wonder if it has anything to do with that. I fell asleep during the 2nd intermission so I'm not sure how he did in the third.

and this is just my opinion.

edit: I hope this isn't the reason though because I wouldn't agree with it

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I was scrolling through my computer trying to find a photo of my cat and came across this. I forgot that I made the GDT last year against the Sharks, what a coincidence. I hope Jaccob goes back into full send mode like this picture.
GDTSharks.jpg

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Skinner is elite at creating offense for himself 5v5, given enough skill on his line. Beyond that, he’s not an impressive hockey player. He’s gotten better defensively over the years, but is still ideally a guy that plays sheltered minutes. Skinner has tunnel vision when he isn’t going, dragging down the performance of linemates that are comparatively skilled. When he gets more open ice in other even strength situations, it becomes more noticeable.

It will be interesting to see what his next contract looks like and if the Canes are the team that gives it to him. Marchand is a reasonable comparable, but that would only be a marginal raise. Perhaps his agent looks to the Tarasenko deal if Skinner is able to stay healthy. $7.5 mil x 8 years makes you think, though.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
The last time Fleury sat out a game, it was in the back half of a back-to-back. Peters said it was because he struggles with fatigue playing with short turnarounds--so my guess this is just a maintenance day. I just wish Faulk and Hanifin could figure how how to play to each other's strengths instead of continually trying to find ways to accentuate their negatives....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad