Confirmed with Link: This is HUGE. Curtis Douglas signed to NHL contract.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Somewhat related, can anyone believe how certain ex Leafs are doing? Forget Kadri... Marchmen is a ufa after this current season. Man, he is going to BANK. Trevor Moore is doing really well. Ben Hutton just got extended two years. Durzi, Forget who we have lost to waivers...

Verhaeghe I guess doesn't count.

My point, since Dubas has taken over, its incredible the amount of talent arouind the organization.

Man, I would have loved to have had him, when there was no cap.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Somewhat related, can anyone believe how certain ex Leafs are doing? Forget Kadri... Marchmen is a ufa after this current season. Man, he is going to BANK. Trevor Moore is doing really well. Ben Hutton just got extended two years. Durzi, Forget who we have lost to waivers...

Verhaeghe I guess doesn't count.

My point, since Dubas has taken over, its incredible the amount of talent arouind the organization.

Man, I would have loved to have had him, when there was no cap.
I didn’t even realize how well Moore is actually playing this year, wow good for him.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Having watched a few Marlie games on Leafs Nation, this kid is huge. He skates well for such a big guy and actually uses his size to hit. I'd try him out in Simmonds place immediately if at all possible.

Reactions: geo25

BackPassChampions

Jun 26, 2015
Curtis is EXACTLY the type of players we need.

I’ve been super excited since watching him in summer camp.

Can’t wait to see him in NHL games and progress into a full time nhler on this team.

Reactions: Duffman955

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Future means next season. So July 1st 2022 his NHL deal starts. At least Im pretty sure thats what it means.

This means it doesn't count towards this years 50 contracts (Leafs are at 47, soon to be 49 with Knies and Abuzzese)
Can we possibly pencil this *"mammoth center with upside" this season?

*I'm quoting his sportsforecaster scouting report.

It seems to me that he's made strides as a Marlie. Like many fans, we're all wondering what he can do with his size/reach on the Leafs. I did see him play last season. He fit in/looked pretty good for the most part.

What do you think?

Reactions: StozeLeGroz

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Can we possibly pencil this *"mammoth center with upside" this season?

*I'm quoting his sportsforecaster scouting report.

It seems to me that he's made strides as a Marlie. Like many fans, we're all wondering what he can do with his size/reach on the Leafs. I did see him play last season. He fit in/looked pretty good for the most part.

What do you think?

He needs another year in the AHL, but it may only be one more year.

Skating needs to take another step, he needs to show he can be a premier defensive player, and he needs to show his production can go up with better opportunities and line mates (which he should get this year).

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
He’s our 4th line C this year. He’s exactly what we need. Size grit and some skill. PKer as well.

Not following the Marlies to any great degree, but I'll say yes to all you've suggested. The question remains, are those qualities which you've mentioned, at this time, of NHL quality?

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Not following the Marlies to any great degree, but I'll say yes to all you've suggested. The question remains, are those qualities which you've mentioned, at this time, of NHL quality?
Yes to NHL level. His progression has been great. Might be a raw still only 22.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
I didn’t even realize how well Moore is actually playing this year, wow good for him.
Let's not forget about Brown and Hyman. Even Barrie performed much better away from the snakepit that is the Maple Leafs. Also, look for Mikheyev ro be the next one to shine after leaving for greener ($$$) pastures.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Big, big boy, Oakville kid.

Still youngish, drafted by Dallas in 2018.

He can become a 10-goal fourth line center who will fight and that’s huge.

That name though, Curtis Douglas.

In the Year of our Science 2022.

Go to the prospect board and look at the names of some of the kids from upcoming drafts and the last few drafts - some sound like they did shoots for Tiny4K.

Big, mean local kid who might have skills and has an awesome hockey name? I’m in.

• Haha
Reactions: andora

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
yeah, for one thing they don't have to deal with toxic "fans" like you anymore.
Yes, his points are shaky at best. Hyman played very well here, Brown was solid, a reliable 3rd liner, and the Oilers would love to ditch Barrie.

Bellzy

It was 4-1 finally has better meaning….
Jun 30, 2018
Big, big boy, Oakville kid.

Still youngish, drafted by Dallas in 2018.

He can become a 10-goal fourth line center who will fight and that’s huge.

That name though, Curtis Douglas.

In the Year of our Science 2022.

Go to the prospect board and look at the names of some of the kids from upcoming drafts and the last few drafts - some sound like they did shoots for Tiny4K.

Big, mean local kid who might have skills and has an awesome hockey name? I’m in.
Seen him on the Barrie colts when I used to work there’s. Kids a beast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad