This is $8.00 in French Fries at a Canucks game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The only time I'd eat at a stadium is if I was in the States, in Canada the food usually sucks and is super overpriced.

Makes sense! Yeah, the US stadiums have finally put emphasis on food. It took like decades to get good options, LOL.

Still better money spent than Twitter premium.
I can't fathom being dumb enough to pay for Twitter.

Reactions: Romang67

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
This is a $20 burger at Rogers Place:

1710866324463.png

“It’s going to be a winner!”

Reactions: Summer Rose

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I counted 13.

61 cents per Fri.

LOL
I don't know. Not sure if you can lump 'em all together that way.

The long one running top to bottom is a legit 61 center. I give you that.

There's another two that run from say 8 o'clock to 2 o'clock direction that may also be 50 cents or so per on a good day. Hard to tell without actually getting to touch them and feel the heft.

But at the same time there are two little shitty ones near the bottom of the container that I wouldn't give you a nickel for.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Yep, fans have no one to blame but themselves for this stuff. So many people keep paying for this overpriced garbage. Stop eating and drinking at games and hurt the teams bottom line and I guarantee you'll see better and more reasonable options.

I think for many people going to a game is a rare treat and they don't want to deprive themselves of anything they want while they are there. It's one thing to mark up the prices like crazy, everyone accepts it when they decide to buy it, that's just how it is. Overcharge if you will, but at least give a decent portion. I think that's fair to ask

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
How much is beer there? Already rarely ate at any sporting event but turning 21 officially marked the end of that for me because there’s no way I’m paying for both overpriced drinks AND food, not when In N Out is less than 10 minutes away and open till 1 am every night

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
I blame the general public on this one. If this shit didn't sell it wouldn't exist.
100%. I don't feel bad for people who buy something as optional as stadium fries that are egregiously overpriced to begin with. They are the reason this kind of foolishness keeps getting worse. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Saw it on the reddit mainboard.
Thought it was worth discussing what the concession has been up to the past couple of years.
It's getting out of hand at Rogers Arena for sure - I am sure this isn't the only city with a terrible rate of return on food, but in my experience at least in American arenas you at least get a decent portion despite paying hand-over-fist.
In Canada you just get the worst of both worlds.

Used to have buck a slice in the day, occasionally buck a beer, now it's...buck a fry? Grim stuff at Rogers Arena.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I blame the general public on this one. If this shit didn't sell it wouldn't exist.
Yep. Ultimately the market price ends up at what people are willing to pay.

People like to complain about inflation and prices, but keep buying the stuff. No reason for businesses to charge less.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I can't be the only one that thinks it is suspect. I'm an Oiler STH and have been to many other NHL rinks. Yes, the food is outrageous at all rinks but anyone can take fries out of a container, take a pic and claim such a small amount.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I have learned that PL Dubois is the hockey equivalent of $8 french fries at Rogers Arena.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Yep, fans have no one to blame but themselves for this stuff. So many people keep paying for this overpriced garbage. Stop eating and drinking at games and hurt the teams bottom line and I guarantee you'll see better and more reasonable options.
This. Fans are basically bending over and saying “please sir, can I have another” when they pay those prices. Stop buying overpriced shit and the prices will come down

Reactions: sabresfan129103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA