This is $8.00 in French Fries at a Canucks game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Just eat at home before going to any sporting event. That's ridiculous.

Or just smuggle French fries in, that’s what I do. I then sell them to folks in neighboring seats at 10 cents a fry, because I believe in a free market.

Seriously though, they really f*** with parents with this stuff. Kids aren’t rational like that, I see pizza and I want pizza. f***ing greedy billionaires.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Revenue sharing is how we keep Arizona in the league. This is what we need to charge for fries to keep the Coyotes howling in the desert

Well, that's just nonsense. Things are priced to maximize the gross profit. Canucks would just keep ALL of those money for themselves if there was no revenue sharing.

$8 fries means that quite a few people at the game can/will pay $8 for fries.

Reactions: Summer Rose

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
tenor.gif

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
If I am going to a hockey game I eat before hand. Otherwise I’m starving for those 3 hrs, not a chance I’m paying those prices. Rip off
Exactly. Even 15-20 years ago when I used to go to games all the time I would eat and drink at a bar before walking to the arena. The arena prices were too expensive even back then.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'd sooner hit the McDonald's drive thru than eat at a hockey game, If I have tickets for a game it's planned out, I know well in advance when I'm going and what we're doing for food.

I guess that it also helps that I live in a small town 2 hours away from Edmonton so I will always have time to leave work and do all the stuff I need to before I go. Also we're a family of 6 so I'm not paying for tickets only to drop $200 of food.

Yeah the family angle of it makes sense. No clue how bad the food is in Edmonton, but the food at The Rock isn't awful (not as good as MSG but not bad - a bit more standard fare).

Again, if you ever go to MSG, I encourage you to eat at the stadium if it's say just you and one other. The food options are REALLY good. I can see the PTSD from other arenas/options, though, hah!

But newer arenas are really trending towards having great food options.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Go to an Islanders game. You'll get 3 lukewarm chicken tenders with that large quantity of fries for about $19.

Reactions: NYI365

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Yeah the family angle of it makes sense. No clue how bad the food is in Edmonton, but the food at The Rock isn't awful (not as good as MSG but not bad - a bit more standard fare).

Again, if you ever go to MSG, I encourage you to eat at the stadium if it's say just you and one other. The food options are REALLY good. I can see the PTSD from other arenas/options, though, hah!

But newer arenas are really trending towards having great food options.
The only time I'd eat at a stadium is if I was in the States, in Canada the food usually sucks and is super overpriced.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Saw it on the reddit mainboard.
Thought it was worth discussing what the concession has been up to the past couple of years.
It's getting out of hand at Rogers Arena for sure - I am sure this isn't the only city with a terrible rate of return on food, but in my experience at least in American arenas you at least get a decent portion despite paying hand-over-fist.
In Canada you just get the worst of both worlds.

Too funny. No one is forcing anyone to buy it.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pre-season game, Montreal - Ottaaa in Ottawa.

I got 2 "special" drinks with the sens schedule on it for my kids. 2 slices of pizza and 2 regular drinks for my wife and I along with a medium popcorn and cost 60 bucks. Maybe it was closer to 70.

There's no real point to buy stuff there. The worst part is those workers are minimum wage workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad