This is $8.00 in French Fries at a Canucks game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
inflation is a bitch

not even us caps have that kind of "shrinkflation".

Can't you all eat outside the arena. any restaurants there. the caps food is pretty bland
More often than not for a caps game, I eat next door at…

Shit, what is it called? Big nice bar, “lighthouse platter” seafood special, second location in reston town center.

Shit, my memory is getting worse every day. 😔

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
If I am going to a hockey game I eat before hand. Otherwise I’m starving for those 3 hrs, not a chance I’m paying those prices. Rip off
Not only are the prices ridiculous, in Montreal the food is absolutely terrible! Been to other arenas where they do have decent and cool food, but Montreal is dried out Pizza, terrible hot dogs (they used to be great at the old Forum) and terrible fries.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I get the feeling that the type of people who decide that $7.99 for a handful of fries is worth it did eat before they got to the arena.

1710947446877.jpeg

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Erm, this is a pretty strange comment. What if you're going directly from work? I take clients to games all the time. I don't have time to go home, change, eat, and go to the game. We either do dinner before if there is time (99% of the time there is NOT time) or we eat at the arena.

It doesn't hurt that MSG now has great food options. I would've agreed with you back when the only options were like a burger, fries, or chicken tenders.

For example, last game I did with a client we ate at Carnegie Deli and everyone enjoyed the food.

I DO think your post holds true for families if they have time prior. That's where I'd aim to eat before since I can't fathom spending like $30-$40 a person with multiple people in the family to eat food at a game.

Well then this sounds like you’re part of the problem.

If you’re using the business funds to pay for $8 fries, it’s probably partly your fault, and people like you, that games and concessions are so over priced.

I don’t know anyone who would go to the game without plans to eat first, or immediately after.

No one in their right mind thinks “I’ll just get dinner at the arena”

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Not forcibly shut down the economy and people's businesses because of a mild cold. The effects of that "solution" have been felt way more than the actual pandemic itself on children's education/development, businesses that never recovered and/or had to succumb to selling to larger businesses, people living on credit more than ever, etc.

The wider felt effects could also have been prevented if the Fed Reserve and treasury secretary accurately assessed the situation and didn't refer to the inflation as "transitory" resulting in policy error.

Government is just bad at everything and should never be looked at for solutions that can much more easily come from what people want

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
And most, if not all of the money paid for those fries goes to the NHL tenant. Another reason to hate the new Calgary arena deal - the Flames get all the money and send only pennies on the dollar back to the city.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Most Nascar tracks and smaller levels of grassroots auto racing allow you to bring in your own food and drinks. Even alcohol! To boot the food at grassroots short ovals is generally pretty good and cheap.

Reactions: zeeto

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
People complain about food and drink prices at games all the time but every time I'm at one it's almost and endless line for concessions. If people want prices to drop then they have to start boycotting the concessions.
We have a winner!!

Terrible prices at any sporting event.
Just do not spend anything on food once you walk in...............................wait and watch the prices.
I know, it's almost impossible to get people to do it, but...........

People complain about food and drink prices at games all the time but every time I'm at one it's almost and endless line for concessions. If people want prices to drop then they have to start boycotting the concessions.
We have a winner!!

Terrible prices at any sporting event.
Just do not spend anything on food once you walk in...............................wait and watch the prices.
I know, it's almost impossible to get people to do it, but...........

Reactions: bossram
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad