Friedman: Thinks Zadorov will price himself out of Vancouver.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
On the most recent 32 thoughts podcast It was suggested that Zadorov is not long for Vancouver, he said he believs Zadorov will price himself out of Vancouver.

I wonder what he thinks he will get on the open market.

I'd bet my bottom dollar Treliving will be hard after him, I expect the full court press to be on for him.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think Vancouver minds too much. I mean they would like to have him, but they want to win this year.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
He's been good but not THAT good. I'd like to have him come back, depending on price and term. Don't blame him for going for the bag though. Wonder what his ask is.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yeah, Zadorov wants a payday. Back when he was on the Avs he wanted quite a bit of money on a longer term deal but settled for a 2 year bridge deal instead, but it took until September 15th (2017) before he signed. It was fairly contentious. One of the reasons I believe the Avs ended up moving him. I think Zadorov is probably thrilled he can go to UFA now and will look for the biggest payday he can get.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Big, slow Dman that's almost 30. I'm sure the team that signs him long term in free agency won't have any regrets. I've always liked Zadorov as a bottom pairing Dman but he's probably going to get around 4.5 million on his next deal.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Zads is great for like Graves money, maybe even Forsling dough if reasonable term, but he seems to want six milly plus with term, no thank you.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
His agents know that NHL GMs love size and physicality. For several GMs, it's the only thing that they can think about when they wake up in the morning. It's a premium play-style around the league.

I know and agree that it's the right move if he wants to get paid but whoever ends up overpaying him will regret it. Zadorov is a good 3rd pairing guy who can fill in on the 2nd pairing for a bit. Him and his agent seem to think he's more though.

Reactions: Ciao

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Zadorov seems to think he's better than he actually is

Yeah I'd like to have the player, but I'm not sure about the price he thinks he's going to get.

I will say this though there seems to be a bit of a theme with the defense Treliving is bringing in.

6"2 Bosh, 6"5 Edmudson, 6"7 Webber I think 6"6 Zadorov will be a target, to the point where I could see them acquiring his rights at the draft.

Makes me wonder about 6"8 Tyler Myers too.

Treliving has specifically targeted size.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Big, slow Dman that's almost 30. I'm sure the team that signs him long term in free agency won't have any regrets. I've always liked Zadorov as a bottom pairing Dman but he's probably going to get around 4.5 million on his next deal.
Z isn’t slow at all. In fact, he’s a hell of a skater for someone his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad