Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid: Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
A fan got arrested at practice today apparently.

1d90ba5dac82a0dc31bee30946c31f17.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Jones on with Gargano today, I listened on Spotify….

-Expects a deal to get done with Fedotov and to have him in Voorhees all summer. Apparently he still doesn’t have the right equipment? Or is still breaking in the equipment - something like that.

-Acknowledged goaltending had a rough stretch, but also said defense dipped too during their recent skid

-Need to get better on PP. Mentioned Foerster as a guy who he thinks will only get better on the PP.

-Said they are not in the position to go buy big named assets but are actively monitoring all the big names throughout the league. Specifically mentioned that Matthews went #1 overall and that teams will always be hesitant to give up talent.

-Said Frost had an early rough patch with some tough love from Torts but has been better. Farabee needs another good offseason and mentioned something about the grind of an 82 game season.

-Said fans have been great, Briere is a great person to work with, Hilferty has a long of energy.

-Next year will be year 3 under Torts and believes players will know what to expect even more so next summer.

Of course he's worried about defense, not the fact that overall offensive production dropped in the last month

• Haha
Reactions: Larry44

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Jones on with Gargano today, I listened on Spotify….

-Expects a deal to get done with Fedotov and to have him in Voorhees all summer. Apparently he still doesn’t have the right equipment? Or is still breaking in the equipment - something like that.

-Acknowledged goaltending had a rough stretch, but also said defense dipped too during their recent skid

-Need to get better on PP. Mentioned Foerster as a guy who he thinks will only get better on the PP.

-Said they are not in the position to go buy big named assets but are actively monitoring all the big names throughout the league. Specifically mentioned that Matthews went #1 overall and that teams will always be hesitant to give up talent.

-Said Frost had an early rough patch with some tough love from Torts but has been better. Farabee needs another good offseason and mentioned something about the grind of an 82 game season.

-Said fans have been great, Briere is a great person to work with, Hilferty has a long of energy.

-Next year will be year 3 under Torts and believes players will know what to expect even more so next summer.
so they put the goalie in a position to fail. you dont say.

they will 100% try to get the best dman available in free agency or trade. I have zero doubt about it.

Maybe even a Kadri trade.

Jones is already a proven liar. So what he says well who cares.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The retread we don't need either. Jesus... this is all so f***ing ugly. Didn't Berube at one point run the PP with the Flyers and it was ass? Unless I'm confusing it with someone else.
He did put Sean Couturier with Zac Rinaldo, bury his zone starts, and wondered why he couldn’t generate offense.

But he did also restructure the Blues defensive scheme mid-season. I’m also sure he knew that’s their 4th string goaltender, whom the Blues thought enough of that they loaned him to a different AHL team, would go on an absurd bender.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
so they put the goalie in a position to fail. you dont say.

they will 100% try to get the best dman available in free agency or trade. I have zero doubt about it.

Maybe even a Kadri trade.

Jones is already a proven liar. So what he says well who cares.

I wouldn't hate Kadri as a 2C, but not with that contract and length. Plus, I think he will butt heads with Torts too much.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
A C like Kadri is probably who they trade for. Depending on the cost I would not hate it either. But they definitely need to find a way to upgrade the position.
I like Kadri but contract is too steep/long and can you imagine how many suspensions he would get in O&B?

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki
What rebuild tho? I could def see them going for a 2C/ familiar name now that they've spent a whopping one whole season selling the idea of a proper rebuild. It's like the Hayes signing, they absolutely just can't stomach the idea of seeming to take a step back next season. Optics matter more than an actual roadmap going fwd.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I like Kadri but contract is too steep/long and can you imagine how many suspensions he would get in O&B?
I want to be hated again. Right now the Flyers are a joke. I am not advocating for Kadri I am just saying they need to acquire a top line C.Could they get one in free agency without overpaying? I am not so sure

Last edited:

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
Rumor is Buffalo is looking for a coach with NHL experience to win now. Wonder if pick 13 could be had. Having 12 and 13 B2B would be nice. I have 1 player in Tier 1 and 12 in Tier 2 in this draft. Would be nice to walk away with 2 of them even if we don’t get to choose which 2.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Rumor is Buffalo is looking for a coach with NHL experience to win now. Wonder if pick 13 could be had. Having 12 and 13 B2B would be nice. I have 1 player in Tier 1 and 12 in Tier 2 in this draft. Would be nice to walk away with 2 of them even if we don’t get to choose which 2.
Strong offseason trade target for Laughton.

• Haha
Reactions: scumpup

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I want to be hated again. Right now the Flyers are a joke. I am not advocating for Kadri I am just saying they need to acquire a top line C.Could they get one in free agency without overpaying? I am not so sure
I agree on the need to get a 1C eventually and it never hurts to be more respected/hated. However, it doesn't have to happen this year. No rush to lock into a contract like Kadri, unless Calgary offers a sweetener and eats salary (which they shouldn't).

There are usually some good players who are UFAs, but it might be too early in the rebuild to go after one. We don't need a vet yet. They should focus on the draft or using cap space to get a younger potential top 6 C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad