Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid: Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If the Hart thing happened to most other franchises, there would be a total fanbase meltdown. Young franchise goalie we drafted and followed through the ranks to one of the best young goalies in the league has his career likely end due to being involved in gang sexual assault. However, Flyers fans are so conditioned for shit like this it just rolled right off our backs. Wild.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
If the Hart thing happened to most other franchises, there would be a total fanbase meltdown. Young franchise goalie we drafted and followed through the ranks to one of the best young goalies in the league has his career likely end due to being involved in gang sexual assault. However, Flyers fans are so conditioned for shit like this it just rolled right off our backs. Wild.
as always.. whatever is the worst possible outcome is what will come to pass..

this franchise is truely cursed.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Haha. Funny story related to this. As soon as the story broke that they were like re-opening the investigation I sold all my Carter Hart cards and stuff on FB Marketplace and made a nice little bit off of it. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago I went to a card show in Cherry Hill and saw the guy I sold it to at one of the tables with all the Carter Hart stuff I sold him for sale for very cheap. Usually I am on the other side of those deals where I buy crap right before its value crashes.

As soon as it was announced I knew he was going down. Just the luck of the Flyrish.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
That is what I said when this whole thing started, this wasn't going to start quickly, it would likely also take time once it does start and I don't think its going to do them any good to plea-bargain. I don't think it will end until mid 2026.
The tweet says the trial will start 'well into 2025' but I'm hoping the Courts move it up in the interests of justice. At any rate, it should not be too long a trial. There are likely only a few witnesses on the victim's side (her, her mom, friends, other players who knew/saw), some technical evidence from police/hospital, and any recordings, texts, etc. between the suspects and victim. Might only take a month or two (?). Hard to say if any of the players will testify.

We'll see. But as was mentioned, Flyers fans are used to not having nice things, and the addition of Fedotov and Kolosov helps.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have no idea what is happening, but Couturier is not leaving 45 million dollars on the table.

If he does he should have his brain scanned and then dissected.

It's a pity, but the management group that always wastes money deserves to waste more money. Good for Couturier getting his bag. It's a shame the Flyers don't fire everyone and hire competent people.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Yeah, I wonder if they are bothering. Trial in mid-to-late 2025, their careers are pretty well over even if they get acquitted or minimal jail time.

Fwiw i asked around some ppl semi in the know and they basically have no idea… like he legit fell of the earth kind of thing.

If anyone hears anything would be curious to know. I assume he’s replicating his summer program wherever that is? Alberta right?

Reactions: Larry44

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Seravalli said Byram was on the table for Cutter. Not sure if this has been mentioned before
Ok, but could they really risk a guy with some much time missed for concussions? I understand passing on him, as good as he is.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Jones on with Gargano today, I listened on Spotify….

-Expects a deal to get done with Fedotov and to have him in Voorhees all summer. Apparently he still doesn’t have the right equipment? Or is still breaking in the equipment - something like that.

-Acknowledged goaltending had a rough stretch, but also said defense dipped too during their recent skid

-Need to get better on PP. Mentioned Foerster as a guy who he thinks will only get better on the PP.

-Said they are not in the position to go buy big named assets but are actively monitoring all the big names throughout the league. Specifically mentioned that Matthews went #1 overall and that teams will always be hesitant to give up talent.

-Said Frost had an early rough patch with some tough love from Torts but has been better. Farabee needs another good offseason and mentioned something about the grind of an 82 game season.

-Said fans have been great, Briere is a great person to work with, Hilferty has a long of energy.

-Next year will be year 3 under Torts and believes players will know what to expect even more so next summer.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
-Expects a deal to get done with Fedotov and to have him in Voorhees all summer. Apparently he still doesn’t have the right equipment? Or is still breaking in the equipment - something like that.

I truly hope this is the case with Fedotov. I really hope he's able to get his stuff, get his stuff broken in and used to NA ice. I do hope he does well here, especially if they sign him

-Need to get better on PP. Mentioned Foerster as a guy who he thinks will only get better on the PP.

No f***ing shit...

-Next year will be year 3 under Torts and believes players will know what to expect even more so next summer.

and then you say this. The PP will never be better with Torts around. f***ing admit it. If Torts stays, then you have to think Rocky stays, which makes it even worse.

194937923 said:
-Said they are not in the position to go buy big named assets but are actively monitoring all the big names throughout the league. Specifically mentioned that Matthews went #1 overall and that teams will always be hesitant to give up talent.

Yeah, well you shouldn't have made bad, high priced signings and kept bad contracts on tap. Dumb f***.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Why would they get rid of Coach Torts when they are heading into year 3/3 of the rebuild and expected to be contenders next season?

They'll still say "they weren't meant to be in the playoffs" as an excuse as to why they falter late in the season and don't get into the playoffs. It'll be the new "Niskanen" excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad