Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid: Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
To ask it a different way, do you all believe that a player that's been in the league for almost 20 years, that was a former 1st overall pick so he's been successful for a lengthy amount of time even before his NHL career, that has won the Stanley cup as recently as 2 years ago has no knowledge thats worth picking up for the young kids that are in the locker room? And a draft pick that's in a round that the flyers have never drafted a successful NHL player in has more value?

So your entire point was a strawman? Since neither of those points has anything to do with learning from vets.
It does have to do with culture in the locker room which was literally the first thing I said.

Or just rely on the 16 players already on the roster for "culture"
I'm sure Adam ginning brings the same intangibles as former 1st overall Stanley cup winning 17 year NHL veteran EJ

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
To ask it a different way, do you all believe that a player that's been in the league for almost 20 years, that was a former 1st overall pick so he's been successful for a lengthy amount of time even before his NHL career, that has won the Stanley cup as recently as 2 years ago has no knowledge thats worth picking up for the young kids that are in the locker room?
Yes

Reactions: BritainStix

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To ask it a different way, do you all believe that a player that's been in the league for almost 20 years, that was a former 1st overall pick so he's been successful for a lengthy amount of time even before his NHL career, that has won the Stanley cup as recently as 2 years ago has no knowledge thats worth picking up for the young kids that are in the locker room? And a draft pick that's in a round that the flyers have never drafted a successful NHL player in has more value?

It does have to do with culture in the locker room which was literally the first thing I said.

I'm sure Adam ginning brings the same intangibles as former 1st overall Stanley cup winning 17 year NHL veteran EJ
Avs fans say he was cooked a year ago
Sabres fans are saying he is cooked now

"But intangibles!"

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Avs fans say he was cooked a year ago
Sabres fans are saying he is cooked now

"But intangibles!"

Reactions: Curufinwe

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
tell me flyers are in on this somehow sending johnson to san jose or someshit loool

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That's a really dumb argument. Lindblom, Cates and Ersson were drafted in the 5th round.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Just as I predicted, Charlie just lobbed a total loaded question to Briere about "Is it fair to say this rebuild has an emphasis on culture?"

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Briere loves Laughton so much he was speaking in French about how he "brings people together". He was never getting traded.

Reactions: BernieParent

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Briere loves Laughton so much he was speaking in French about how he "brings people together". He was never getting traded.
He was getting traded if we got a first back. This was a buyers market. So many players went for so little.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
And yet in the 50+ years the flyers have been an organization it still remains true

1 - The value of that pick is not derived from what has happened in the past. What happened 5 years ago is not relevant let alone what happened 20 or 30 years ago

2 - The value of the pick isn't related to what the flyers specifically have done with it. It's based on what teams across the league value it at.

3 - There's no reason to focus on the 4th round specifically. They've drafted plenty of players after this round, with less valuable picks. You are cherry picking this aspect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad