Post-Game Talk: There’s something in the water … and it’s quenched our thirst!

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021

And to think this man is employed as a hockey analyst. Lol.

I was watching the Pat McAfee show when PK came on with his idiotic takes. Screaming about how McDavid was the only reason for Edmontons recent success. Pretty easy to see he has an incredibly low hockey IQ and likes the sound of his voice way too much. Still has the opinion that we have no d and our goalie is a scrub.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
He made one play, where he held the puck toe dragged the puck and shot, with (I think) Hamblin providing a great screen, but Daccord got a blocker on it, I was surprised he didn't find the net there. It was nice play.
Yeah, I was sitting 5 rows directly behind the net & the shot went off the stick shaft just above the blocker & the look on Connor Brown's face was priceless.
He beat the goalie, he just couldn't beat the knob of his stick.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I was watching the Pat McAfee show when PK came on with his idiotic takes. Screaming about how McDavid was the only reason for Edmontons recent success. Pretty easy to see he has an incredibly low hockey IQ and likes the sound of his voice way too much. Still has the opinion that we have no d and our goalie is a scrub.
Most of these guys don't actually even watch any hockey that they comment on. It's just brutal.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Dennis Wideman was such a brave guy. Here we go. Cheap shot and then hang on for dear life.

Totally, it's also hard to be mad at that, because f*** Kesler.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

They're wearing the winter classic unis for the game Saturday. Or I think they are (and for the other BofAs as well)

I legit love how Skinner's gear looks.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
So that’s why he was so pissy. Gourde took a dive to change the complexion of the game, then tried to gode McDavid into a fight for the same purposes, the got angry no one was buying his bullshit so he took a run at Ekholm? f***in trash. Kane better pay him a visit next time out as he’s hinted.
It definitely wasn't a "dive".

He actually got stuck real good right near his eye which would piss anybody off.
Unfortunately for him & the case for his upcoming hearing it was his own teammate's stick that got him.

Not trying to defend his actions after because they were ridiculous, just saying it wasn't a dive & it was real.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Totally, it's also hard to be mad at that, because f*** Kesler.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

They're wearing the winter classic unis for the game Saturday. Or I think they are (and for the other BofAs as well)

I legit love how Skinner's gear looks.

Really? I was hoping we’d get to see them again. Looked pretty sick at the outdoor game. I didn’t like them initially, but on ice it’s a great look.

It definitely wasn't a "dive".

He actually got stuck real good right near his eye which would piss anybody off.
Unfortunately for him & the case for his upcoming hearing it was his own teammate's stick that got him.

Not trying to defend his actions after because they were ridiculous, just saying it wasn't a dive & it was real.

Yeh saw the stick part after I made my post. Shoulda scrolled down. Lol.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Surprised it didn’t just get ignored to be honest. Tends to happen when illegal shit happens to Oilers. Dude jumped up and into Ekholms head after a preceding full stride charge. There should be a suspension coming, but I’m guessing a slap on the wrist.

I'm guessing it has to do with his time as a Pred. He doesn't get the league treatment that Oilers usually do.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I was front row last night and told Gourde that he smells like poopoo, during a stoppage in the early third. That's probably what really set him off and made him want to harm McDavid

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Yup, don't think anyone has ever accused P.K. of being a smart guy (it showed on the ice as well). Funny that he fancies himself some sort of expert on team D when he could barely play a lick of it himself. Guy was always a me first player.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Most of these guys don't actually even watch any hockey that they comment on. It's just brutal.
Based on how his game fell off as soon as he started losing his physical skills, through injury and age, I suspect he wasn’t much of a film watcher even as a player. Probably not much more than required.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You know the worse part is you don't even have to look at advanced stats or spend much time to find some information out before you talk. You can literally just look at GA on our schedule and see that last 10 games 2 goals or less allowed and the two and then even the two wins before were just three goals. At a high level without even watching you can see they probably won some tight games.

Like 30 seconds of research to not make yourself look real dumb. Spend another 5 minutes and you can find even more data.

Just as dumb as the reporter asking Bowles how do you plan to acclimate the team for their football game in Detroit even though he had to reply "you do know we are playing in a dome"

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
If anyone needs a laugh go find the Kraken subreddit. I take back anything bad I've ever said about another teams fanbase, these guys take the cake. Just unhinged, Kozari is an Oilers plant kinda stuff.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
You know the worse part is you don't even have to look at advanced stats or spend much time to find some information out before you talk. You can literally just look at GA on our schedule and see that last 10 games 2 goals or less allowed and the two and then even the two wins before were just three goals. At a high level without even watching you can see they probably won some tight games.

Like 30 seconds of research to not make yourself look real dumb. Spend another 5 minutes and you can find even more data.

Just as dumb as the reporter asking Bowles how do you plan to acclimate the team for their football game in Detroit even though he had to reply "you do know we are playing in a dome"
I've said this before but I suspect that some or even most of these ex-player commentators do no background work. They simply come in and talk. I never like Bieksa as a player of course, but he clearly does his homework. His comments are insightful and are often backed up by videos.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I've said this before but I suspect that some or even most of these ex-player commentators do no background work. They simply come in and talk. I never like Bieksa as a player of course, but he clearly does his homework. His comments are insightful and are often backed up by videos.
This is why I like Gregor. He brings in guys that do the homework and if they don't they are never brought in. Rupp is can't miss Wednesday's and yesterday Laraque was amazing, granted he talked about the Habs mostly but still.

Or in the case of a guy like Struds he sticks to what he knows and doesn't spew stupid shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad