OT: TheDizee Prophecy Thread

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
An image of his face was posted, IIRC, without any corresponding identifying information (name, etc.).

I don't know where the original image was taken from, but at the time I checked it was publicly available on his twitter account (and elsewhere as well, I suspect), which he openly referenced in his posts and profile, and which contains identifying information like his real name.

An image that he made publicly available, in a place he openly referenced here, was simply re-posted here. That (and the spirit in which it was done) violates forum etiquette, and there were significant repercussions for that, but that's not the same as "outing" an anonymous user and it certainly doesn't meet our threshold for an outright permanent ban.

He made it extremely easy to figure out who he was in real life for anyone who read this board. If anonymity was his goal, he compromised that for himself on here long before this incident happened.

Personally, I don't miss him. His posts could be very insightful, but he could also be extremely confrontational and intolerant when there were dissenting opinions...to the point where many "discussions" he engaged in became downright toxic. As much as he brought to the table, he was also a real problem for this community.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
An image of his face was posted, IIRC, without any corresponding identifying information (name, etc.).

I don't know where the original image was taken from, but at the time I checked it was publicly available on his twitter account (and elsewhere as well, I suspect), which he openly referenced in his posts and profile, and which contains identifying information like his real name.

An image that he made publicly available, in a place he openly referenced here, was simply re-posted here. That (and the spirit in which it was done) violates forum etiquette, and there were significant repercussions for that, but that's not the same as "outing" an anonymous user and it certainly doesn't meet our threshold for an outright permanent ban.

He made it extremely easy to figure out who he was in real life for anyone who read this board. If anonymity was his goal, he compromised that for himself on here long before this incident happened.

Personally, I don't miss him. His posts could be very insightful, but he could also be extremely confrontational and intolerant when there were dissenting opinions...to the point where many "discussions" he engaged in became downright toxic. As much as he brought to the table, he was also a real problem for this community.

Let's not act like it's all sunshine and rainbows now. The same stuff still happens.

Reactions: STLomacneko

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Let's not act like it's all sunshine and rainbows now. The same stuff still happens.
Sure, it's trending back in that direction, but it was especially bad back then. New and regular users were routinely being run off by the vitriol. Things right now are just cranky, mostly due to a couple of grating personalities/schticks.

As a mod, I see and hear a lot of things that regular users don't. Back then I was knee deep in behind the scenes interventions, PMing like crazy trying to broker peace between conflicting parties, touching base with forum regulars to hear their thoughts on how to turn the community around, trying to keep people from leaving, and generally wasting a ton of time and energy on a large number of issues related to one poster. We even lost mods over it, and I had to go to bat with the other admins a few times just to keep a certain poster around.

Right now, there's none of that.

From my perspective, things are *much* better now than they were back then.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Sure, it's trending back in that direction, but it was especially bad back then. New and regular users were routinely being run off by the vitriol. Things right now are just cranky, mostly due to a couple of grating personalities/schticks.

As a mod, I see and hear a lot of things that regular users don't. Back then I was knee deep in behind the scenes interventions, PMing like crazy trying to broker peace between conflicting parties, touching base with forum regulars to hear their thoughts on how to turn the community around, trying to keep people from leaving, and generally wasting a ton of time and energy on a large number of issues related to one poster. We even lost mods over it, and I had to go to bat with the other admins a few times just to keep a certain poster around.

Wow I never knew it was that crazy but then again I never take anything anybody says on the internet too seriously. I found the "personalities" more entertaining than anything. Sure I might think this person or that person is an idiot at times but like the old saying goes.
"Never argue with a idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Once things start to turn ugly I just exit the conversation. Unless I log on when I am drunk, that has got me in trouble a couple of times. :D

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I just want one flat earther, just one, to explain to me how a compass works. :laugh:

viewing-most-recent-stories-back-to-top-stories-the-flat-21480873.png

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Fair enough. I suppose he always did seem to take things one step further than it needed to go.

I don't know if it's related to that or not (you'd know), but I haven't noticed any outside mods coming in here on this board like they would on me before in awhile, so that's an improvement. That always bugged me.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
P9's left because a poster here (no need to bring his name into it) posted pics from P9's Facebook page to another forum (I think here). 9's was really pissed feeling that was a violation and demanded the mods ban that poster. When they didn't accede he removed all his posts here and left. Before leaving he sent pm's to several ppl(myself included)here because he wanted them to know why he left.

And yes, his posting style reminds me of Morty.

I certainly did not receive an IM from him.

PocketNines was a **** head and almost had his ass banned for life. I, for one, am glad he is gone.

He was worse than the mod who was here when I first joined, Irish Blues; another **** head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

PocketNines was a **** head and almost had his ass banned for life. I, for one, am glad he is gone.

He was worse than the mod who was here when I first joined, Irish Blues; another **** head.

Wow, sounds likes back then here was quite many ****s, now we've just regressed ****s.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
if people have a problem with certain posters, the boards have a ignore feature for a reason. now me personally i would never ignore anyone unless they spammed or flooded the board with text or pictures etc. i dont ever ignore people because they have different opinions. i dont understand why people do that, does everyone ignore blackhawk fans then too cause clearly they have different opinions than we do.

IMO the problem is society today has had generations of being taught that its not OK to think outside the box if the mainstream crowd doesnt agree with it and people are afraid of speaking their true feelings for being afraid of "offending" people. when i post i dont post to be "controversial" or "offend" people, it is because thats how i feel. now if that upsets someone thats THEIR problem, it is not mine.... aslong as the post follows the site TOS.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
if people have a problem with certain posters, the boards have a ignore feature for a reason. now me personally i would never ignore anyone unless they spammed or flooded the board with text or pictures etc. i dont ever ignore people because they have different opinions. i dont understand why people do that, does everyone ignore blackhawk fans then too cause clearly they have different opinions than we do.

IMO the problem is society today has had generations of being taught that its not OK to think outside the box if the mainstream crowd doesnt agree with it and people are afraid of speaking their true feelings for being afraid of "offending" people. when i post i dont post to be "controversial" or "offend" people, it is because thats how i feel. now if that upsets someone thats THEIR problem, it is not mine.... aslong as the post follows the site TOS.

You're not the hero this board deserves but you are the one we need.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

You're like the guy on the outside of a group conversation thinking you know what is going on, and you want to give your opinion on the topic, but in reality, you don't know what that group is talking about.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
You're like the guy on the outside of a group conversation thinking you know what is going on, and you want to give your opinion on the topic, but in reality, you don't know what that group is talking about.

thats your opinion. however in actual reality, im the guy 10 steps ahead of everyone else.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

I liked IB. :dunno:

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
You are trying to be involved in a conversation pertaining to a poster that you know nothing about.

in a thread that has nothing to do with that given poster and has MY name in it.

if it was in another thread, i wouldnt have even posted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad