OT: TheDizee Prophecy Thread

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Just a thought, what if TheDizee's astonishing ability to predict future events, and interpret past events, is actually due to time travel?
MV5BMTg4MzIzMDc0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDM1NjU0NzE@._V1_CR0,60,640,360_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg
Nah, he's simply a descendant of the Oracle of Delphi. The bloodline carried on in some round-a-bout way that involved secret organizations within the world like the Vatican.

I think Dan Brown might have made a re-telling, but took some artistic liberties.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Hopefully we get a trade before the deadline so I can have another winning prediction.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Didn’t you predict that Elliott would be out of Philly by Christmas?

He never said which Christmas. They come every year. Even if Elliott retired as a Flyer after playing til 40 yo, he'd still be out before Xmas...of 2027. I'm sure Dizee would still be on some anonymous board somewhere bragging about it.

Although, he is amazingly self-conscious in the above post.

Hopefully we get a trade before the deadline so I can have another winning prediction.

Had such a bad run, he can't even find something close enough to give the usual BS bluster. He has to pray something comes true. So sad. When a pompous ass is no longer pompous, what's left?

Reactions: STLomacneko

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I really hoped this thread would die. I can’t remember a time on this board where we had something so juvenile.

The days where we had fewer posters seems so much better now. I wanted more traffic on the board, but Easton warned me that the quality would go down. He certainly wasn’t wrong.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I really hoped this thread would die. I can’t remember a time on this board where we had something so juvenile.

The days where we had fewer posters seems so much better now. I wanted more traffic on the board, but Easton warned me that the quality would go down. He certainly wasn’t wrong.

You are right. I feel ashamed now. We should all follow your example and take the mature route to ignore it, not post in the thread and certainly not call people out for stuff like being wrong, arrogant or juvenile.

Ironic note: Easton, who apparently was part of the "good ole days", created the thread and has engaged in it more than a little bit. I guess he has been corrupted by us low-quality children.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
You are right. I feel ashamed now. We should all follow your example and take the mature route to ignore it, not post in the thread and certainly not call people out for stuff like being wrong, arrogant or juvenile.

Ironic note: Easton, who apparently was part of the "good ole days", created the thread and has engaged in it more than a little bit. I guess he has been corrupted by us low-quality children.
Case in point

Reactions: bleedblue1223

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The thread was created because these discussions were taking over numerous threads and creating a lot of toxicity. Contained in here, they could easily be avoided by those who wished to do so, and I dare say that it's worked pretty well.

Dizee, to his credit, has drastically dialed back his schtick since the creation of this thread. Perhaps in response to it, and perhaps not...it doesn't really matter. Regardless, the push back against him has generally dialed back in kind, a few recent posts excepting.

The forum's in a better place than it was a year ago. I'd hope that the community can be satisfied with that and leave well enough alone.

PizzaPietrangelo

Bluesily optimistic
Jan 14, 2017
London, UK
As a relatively old 'lurker' and new 'poster' within this forum, I fully empathize with the desire to compartmentalize topics such as this one within threads of their own.

It seems to me that the moderators around here do a great job, and I merely hope that one day I will bolster the courage to contribute well-reasoned analyses within this forum.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If anything, his post was the second case in point....

Oh, far more than 2nd. If you are looking for juvenile posts, go through my post history. There are literally dozens if not hundreds of cases in point. But that is the point of this thread, to be juvenile. If you don't like it, don't come here. It reminds me of the history eraser button from Ren and Stimpy (what's more juvenile than a cartoon?). Its a shiny big red button that says "history eraser button, do not push". Stimpy knows what its going to do, knows its bad, but just...can...not ....resist...pushing....the button. You know what the link is, so don't click on it if you don't like it. Its counter-productive to say you want a thread to die in that thread. Its another bump, and then stirs the pot causing more bumps. Just like complaining to people about how much better the "good old days" are. Nobody who didn't live it thinks it sounds wonderful. They just think the person saying it is a stick-in-the-mud. It actually reinforces the complained about behavior as people want to distance themselves from the complainer.

I have no problem with Celtic personally. He is easily one of my top 5 favorite posters when he talks hockey or even a few OT topics. He knows his stuff and is insightful. I think he is a great asset to the forum and it would be a shame if he were ran off. I apologize for replying with acerbic sarcasm rather than thoughtful discourse. It is a bad habit, and one of my many, many faults. Just like Stimpy, even though I know better, I sometimes can't resist . Because it would also be a shame if we ran off new posters by always complaining about how bad things are now compared to the good old days. Even if the contributions are childish and not filled with hockey detail, they provide color and variety to the community. As much as I love talking hockey and Blues, things can get a bit dense and repetitive. Breaking it up with silliness, humor, or over-the-top personalities is much appreciated (I miss multi-moodia, but shout-out to Kirkout who carries the humor torch well). I enjoy this thread because its a game. The Dizee is a schtick. He knows its a schtick, we all know its a schtick. So he tries to justify his "always right" persona, people try to call him out on it. I know its easy to find objective instances where he is not always right, so I try to manipulate what he says into contradicting himself while inserting barbs that are far less clever than I think. I enjoy it. I doubt most of us take it seriously, and as Easton wisely contained it all in here, it is easily avoidable for anyone that does....unless you...can...not.....resist...the button.......

3DA2.jpg

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Oh, far more than 2nd. If you are looking for juvenile posts, go through my post history. There are literally dozens if not hundreds of cases in point. But that is the point of this thread, to be juvenile. If you don't like it, don't come here. It reminds me of the history eraser button from Ren and Stimpy (what's more juvenile than a cartoon?). Its a shiny big red button that says "history eraser button, do not push". Stimpy knows what its going to do, knows its bad, but just...can...not ....resist...pushing....the button. You know what the link is, so don't click on it if you don't like it. Its counter-productive to say you want a thread to die in that thread. Its another bump, and then stirs the pot causing more bumps. Just like complaining to people about how much better the "good old days" are. Nobody who didn't live it thinks it sounds wonderful. They just think the person saying it is a stick-in-the-mud. It actually reinforces the complained about behavior as people want to distance themselves from the complainer.

I have no problem with Celtic personally. He is easily one of my top 5 favorite posters when he talks hockey or even a few OT topics. He knows his stuff and is insightful. I think he is a great asset to the forum and it would be a shame if he were ran off. I apologize for replying with acerbic sarcasm rather than thoughtful discourse. It is a bad habit, and one of my many, many faults. Just like Stimpy, even though I know better, I sometimes can't resist . Because it would also be a shame if we ran off new posters by always complaining about how bad things are now compared to the good old days. Even if the contributions are childish and not filled with hockey detail, they provide color and variety to the community. As much as I love talking hockey and Blues, things can get a bit dense and repetitive. Breaking it up with silliness, humor, or over-the-top personalities is much appreciated (I miss multi-moodia, but shout-out to Kirkout who carries the humor torch well). I enjoy this thread because its a game. The Dizee is a schtick. He knows its a schtick, we all know its a schtick. So he tries to justify his "always right" persona, people try to call him out on it. I know its easy to find objective instances where he is not always right, so I try to manipulate what he says into contradicting himself while inserting barbs that are far less clever than I think. I enjoy it. I doubt most of us take it seriously, and as Easton wisely contained it all in here, it is easily avoidable for anyone that does....unless you...can...not.....resist...the button.......

3DA2.jpg

I'm not even gonna take the time to read all of this, but my post was in reference to your post being the 2nd case in point because it came after his post. His was the first. Wasn't saying it was the second case in point of you doing that. Just to clarify.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

3DA2.jpg
its not a schtick.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Allen is a Vezina Finalist.
Blues reach cup finals IF they make a move for another forward (center).
Tarasenko scores 50.
Stastny leads team in points.

If we do other team predictions:
Elliott spends time in AHL and not due to injury.
Sharks do not come close to sniffing the playoffs.
Wings miss the playoffs.
Hawks miss the playoffs.

WINNING

78K806OHPM.gif

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

He got 90% of those, right?

Allen is a Vezina Finalist. CORRECT -
I mean they haven't announced the Vezina yet but Allen's a shoe-in.

Blues reach cup finals IF they make a move for another forward (center). CORRECT
If we had traded for a Center, we would have totally made the cup finals. Since we didn't we won't make the cup finals and Dizee gets credit for being right.

Tarasenko scores 50.
CORRECT
...in the team's first mini-golf trip. They went last week to get their short game ready for next week's golfing. Taasenko scored a 50, which is like 14 over par and pretty bad. Geeze, Ranksu, stop posting these predications without the proper context.

Stastny leads team in points.
CORRECT
Stastny led all players who played for both the Blues and the Jets this season in points. He got at least a couple more than Foley.

Elliott spends time in AHL and not due to injury.
CORRECT
Elliott went to Toronto and they have an AHL team, so he technically spent time in the city of an AHl team. Close enough.

Sharks do not come close to sniffing the playoffs
CORRECT
The play-offs are an intangible thing that has no smell, so the sharks could not sniff them if they wanted to. Hence, they didn't come close (Plus it would be totally weird if they did try to sniff them)

Hawks miss the playoffs. CORRECT
Hawks and the play-offs were a love affair that spanned the ages. Now due to their separation, the Hawks miss playoffs terribly. Keith is inconsolable, Kane is drinking to forget, and Toews has gained at least 5 lbs from all the ice cream he has eaten.

Wings miss the playoffs. WRONG
The Wings have put in the work. They have progressed through the stages of grief and they are over the play-offs. They were sad, but they no longer miss the playoffs. Now they are ready to go out there and meet someone new. Their friends on the Blues promised to set them up with this thing called golf.

So 7/8.....damn, not quite 90%. Dizee should be embarrassed. He can do better.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Replying to conversation from the bracket thread, but putting this here to stay on topic:

kings choked and played a hot goalie.
ducks/sharks was a crapshoot. nobody saw a sweep coming either way.
and i went with underdog in minny cause i thought winnipeg goalie would pull a elliott and choke.

aslong as my bruins win the cup i am good.

Jab at Elliott for no reason...good. Use of inflammatory words....check, but only the word "choke" and you doubled down on it. Could use work. Very little sign of unearned arrogance or feigned superiority....boo. All in all 3/10 on the theDizee post rating system. <sigh> not near as entertaining as hoped for.

I haven't seen him beat that drum in a long time.

Personally, I think that warrants some positive reinforcement, don't you? :thumbu:

Absolutely not. Negative reinforcement. You broke the old Dizee, and I was such a fan. He reminded me of an old movie that's not a comedy but is so bad it's unintentionally funny. Like Soylent Green, something on mystery science theatre, or The Room. Dizee was our Disaster Artist and you broke his spirit. Shame on you Easton. :sarcasm:

Reactions: mw2noobbuster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad