The Zuccarello Appreciation Thread (Videos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
There's a big difference between 16 minutes with Pyatt and Boyle compared to 17 minutes with Kreider and Stepan.

Most of the playoffs Zuccarello played with Brassard, who led the team in points--and let's not forget that Boyle had 3 goals, tying him with Hagelin for 2nd on the team.

Without his playoff performance Zuccarello probably wouldn't have been re-signed.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Most of the playoffs Zuccarello played with Brassard, who led the team in points--and let's not forget that Boyle had 3 goals, tying him with Hagelin for 2nd on the team.

Without his playoff performance Zuccarello probably wouldn't have been re-signed.

What if the was the opposite reason? That it was Zucc helping Brassard with his performance? Brassard doesn't exactly blow up NHL at the moment, and Boyle isn't a scoring machine either.
But how could I forgot, his short. Couldn't possible be like that.

Wolfy*

What if the was the opposite reason? That it was Zucc helping Brassard with his performance? Brassard doesn't exactly blow up NHL at the moment, and Boyle isn't a scoring machine either.

Zucc-bashers never see it that way. If he picked up 3 points a game he'd still have to prove himself..

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

Where have I suggested that Zuccarello was only good because of his linemates?*

Where have I complained/mentioned Zuccarello's size?*

Zuccarello spent last year in Russia because the Ranger organization was unwilling to sign him to a one-way contract--if he had come back and not performed well (making his linemates better was part of his performance), do you really think they would have gone through the hassle one more time? Zuccarello was definitely close to the edge.

*NEVER--feel free to poke around the various Zuccarello threads, if you doubt me. I am not everyone.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Count me in the pleasantly surprised group. I admit that I didn't think he could regularly play in the NHL. I didn't really see him becoming an every day player due to his small size combined with average skating. I hope that he continues to get better.

Wolfy*

Another great game by Zucc tonight, two more points and MSG star.

And he always scores after making a mistake, hobbit mad seems to help :laugh:

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Another great game by Zucc tonight, two more points and MSG star.

And he always scores after making a mistake, hobbit mad seems to help :laugh:
pretty good although i hope that awful giveaway was just a rare thing that happened

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Zucc is and will always be a bit of a liability in the defensive zone, but he is valuable enough in the offensive zone, on the PP, and in the shootout to be a useful player in the NHL.

I love Zucc. I'd like him to be signed long term.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
pretty good although i hope that awful giveaway was just a rare thing that happened

Zucc isnt exactlty known for his give aways...... Have a couple brutal ones this year though, and again, as every other player have. Brassard, Hagelin and DZ have had a whole lot this season. Richards and Callahan too. Let the guys play their game. This happens.

Just so happy that AV is the coach. He lets players make mistakes without punishing them and breaking up lines. Under Torts a give away like that would have put Zucc on the bench. AV lets him keep playing and make up for his mistake.

Btw, a wise man once said: Every single goal that is scored in sports is the result of a mistake from the defending team. A perfect defending team would simply not let a goal be scored on them :)

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Zucc is and will always be a bit of a liability in the defensive zone, .

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the sum total of Zuccs mistakes in the defensive zone so far this season the sum total of one. Last nights mistake was a bad read of play, not related to his size or PKing abilities at all.

Think AV had something nice to say to him after the PP goal, he looked up at him when he got on the bench, all that redemption. Good night for him and the team in general to walk away with 5 goals.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
^^^
Secondary assist on the first Kitty goal.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the sum total of Zuccs mistakes in the defensive zone so far this season the sum total of one. Last nights mistake was a bad read of play, not related to his size or PKing abilities at all.

Think AV had something nice to say to him after the PP goal, he looked up at him when he got on the bench, all that redemption. Good night for him and the team in general to walk away with 5 goals.

He's had one or two unnecessary gaffes in the neutral zone too.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
If Zucc can keep up his post-scratch pace for the rest of the season, he'll end up with 61 points. Not bad at all.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
That was a bad turnover for sure, but you could tell from his reaction that his attempted pass/clear didn't go the way he wanted. I think he wanted to elevate the puck out of the zone and just flubbed it.

stealthranger

Oct 16, 2013
Zucc definately gets appreciation, AV has a decent line with him Kreider and Step. He seeks the open ice very well and gets there

Wolfy*

Zucc is and will always be a bit of a liability in the defensive zone, but he is valuable enough in the offensive zone, on the PP, and in the shootout to be a useful player in the NHL.

Really? Yet he's on the PK...

Forget the size thing, thats old and dumb. That bad pass was an accident, you don't see him mess around like that much.

I believe he played a little too relaxed, being up 3-0 and 10 mins left to play. But then the Panthers scored twice in a couple of mins, shows you can never relax in this game. Lesson learned.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

I do not see him as a defensive liability. I actually think he is solid defensively and I believe the coach does as well since he plays him on the PK and in other critical situations. The stats definitely do not show him as a defensive liability.

When Zooks makes an occasional turnover his haters (not you) are giddy and celebrating. When Boyle, Cally, etc make turnovers often they do not say a word. Well haters bad turnover or not we won the game and a big part of winning that game was Zooks goal and assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad