The Zuccarello Appreciation Thread (Videos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
For those keeping up with the stats, how many multi point matches has he had so far this season?

Wolfy*

lol...he's actually taller than Giannone, or the reporter must be very small. Zucc may have his skates on, but still...who says he lacks size? :D

[NHL]496523[/NHL]

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Hes prone to some really bad turnovers. He seems to be the ultimate high risk/medium reward player

Besides the gaffe last night, I have no idea what evidence you're using to say this.

After his pointless start to the season, where he still had a few really good games, he's put up 14 points in 18 games and has been one of our only consistent forwards.

If he can do that for a whole season he's a 60+ point player, and he's not actually "high-risk."

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I love it Zucc had one bad turnover BRB is on his case. Hank gives up a soft goal yet again and it's excuses. The only reason BRB only like Hank is because he needs a reason as to why the team that he bashes so much isn't worst in the NHL year in and year out, so it's easier to say they have 1 good goalie and 18 bad skaters than ever say any of the skaters are any good.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Since there was a days worth of hype over a Richards comment last winter regarding Zuccs potential:

For fun: how did St. Louis compare to Zuccs current stats during his breakout season ? They were both 26.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
For fun: how did St. Louis compare to Zuccs current stats during his breakout season ? They were both 26.
Here are St. Louis's stats (he is born in 1975) :

2000 - 2001 : 40 points in 78 games.
2001 - 2002 : 35 points in 53 games.
2002 - 2003 : 70 points in 82 games.
2003 - 2004 : 94 points in 82 games.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Here are St. Louis's stats (he is born in 1975) :

2000 - 2001 : 40 points in 78 games.
2001 - 2002 : 35 points in 53 games.
2002 - 2003 : 70 points in 82 games.
2003 - 2004 : 94 points in 82 games.

Zuccs track record in the NHL has been a bit of a bumpy road, but if you look at the totals, he has averaged .7 PPG, and that includes going up and down between the Whale and Rangers, as well as a stint in the KHL.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Hearing the announcers call Zuke "a pesky gnat" tonight was something i found absolutely hysterical for some reason :)

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
But he's not a top 6 player on the rangers right now, I don't know how AV can even think of playing him! WAIVER ZUCCARELLO

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Really impressed with his game today. Seems to be a much more rounded player now in all 3 zones. Was doing the job Callahan should be doing on that line

Puckface NYR*

Really impressed with his game today. Seems to be a much more rounded player now in all 3 zones. Was doing the job Callahan should be doing on that line

Agreed. Cally is either injured or has completely lost his game.

There was a play where Myers was coming down the boards with the puck and Cally had him lined up for a perfect hit but just let up and he skated by. As he went down the boards, Zucc nailed him and forced a turnover.

Really great by Zucc, really really disturbing and pathetic by Cally.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
As one of the few posters advocating for his return this year I can only be pleased with his play. He is producing acceptably for the top 6, but more than that has improved his all around game with speed and PK ability.

He could not be different from the player he was when he joined NYR some years ago. Speed, tenacity, and stands up for himself. NYR got a free top 6 player because they went exploring and looked outside the box.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
As one of the few posters advocating for his return this year I can only be pleased with his play. He is producing acceptably for the top 6, but more than that has improved his all around game with speed and PK ability.

He could not be different from the player he was when he joined NYR some years ago. Speed, tenacity, and stands up for himself. NYR got a free top 6 player because they went exploring and looked outside the box.

The Cracker Jack box?
I really think the "self proclaimed expert" Zucc haters are getting a bit too quite around here these days. Wuzz up with dat? Chewing the legs of an ole Blackbird???

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Another strong game. He seems to be good friends with the posts though :) Must be the 4th of 5th time this season he has nailed the metal. No wonder he has only scored 5 goals so far :)

A nice goal tonight. And just too bad his awesome play in the 2nd period where he fed Callahan didn´t end up in the net. It is so great to see his confidence when he is moving the puck. Never saw him do those things, not even once, with Tortorella. Wonder why........

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
18 points in 21 games since the scratch. He's been tearing it up, great to see. Don't see why he doesn't have room to grow, either.

fry.PNG

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
I find great comfort in the fact that his game was not affected by the move to LW after such a long stint at the right side.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I find great comfort in the fact that his game was not affected by the move to LW after such a long stint at the right side.

I often got bashed when I would say he would be a .5ppg player if given consistent time. I thought 41 points would be a steal at 1.15 mill in salary. Now I feel I sold Zooks short. I now feel he can be a 15 goal 65 point guy at some point in his career.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

I often got bashed when I would say he would be a .5ppg player if given consistent time. I thought 41 points would be a steal at 1.15 mill in salary. Now I feel I sold Zooks short. I now feel he could become a 15 goal 65 point guy at some point in his career.

Puckface NYR*

Anyone see the tweet about Zucc today? Can't get the quote here but apparently made sure the Rangers would have enough money to sign Stepan before taking the money the Rangers gave him.

Hard to believe that when he's not being paid a large amount as is. Really hope he is a Ranger for some time.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
Anyone see the tweet about Zucc today? Can't get the quote here but apparently made sure the Rangers would have enough money to sign Stepan before taking the money the Rangers gave him.

Hard to believe that when he's not being paid a large amount as is. Really hope he is a Ranger for some time.

I saw that as well, was this it?

NY Rangers Zone ‏@NYRangersZone
When Zuccarello signed an extension this summer, he made sure not to ask too high $$$ because he wanted cap space to re-sign Stepan #Team1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad