The Zuccarello Appreciation Thread (Videos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I saw that as well, was this it?

NY Rangers Zone ‏@NYRangersZone
When Zuccarello signed an extension this summer, he made sure not to ask too high $$$ because he wanted cap space to re-sign Stepan #Team1st

If that is true then I'll just say I'm mighty impressed by his character. And so far he is certainly earning the dollars.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You got the impression with Zucc that he wanted to play here, more than other NHL teams. Hopefully they find a way to come to a contract agreement with him this offseason for a raise, but a reasonable one.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
What we tend to forget is that during the Vancouver olympics Zucc was the biggest hype to emerge. He was working his magic against top NHL-talent. GMs were battling hard to sign an undrafted and very skilled forward who also won the points league and MVP in SEL.

He then chose NYR over many suitors and I think he truly cherishes the team and city. He WANTS to be here, and chose the rangers himself.

While Sather was probably a much bigger fan of Zucc than Torts, it is not as though Sather happened to scout him out from some backyard hockey league as the only one.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
More unlikely, however, were the circumstances under which Glen Sather aspired to seek out and sign said Zuccarello after almost a full year's departure from the club.

While we can agree, certainly, that other teams had an interest after the 2010 Olympics in Zuccarello, the degree of perseverance that Sather showed in offering him what amounted to a second chance and then a third, re-signing him this offseason is something that not any other GM would be certain to have.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
More unlikely, however, were the circumstances under which Glen Sather aspired to seek out and sign said Zuccarello after almost a full year's departure from the club.

While we can agree, certainly, that other teams had an interest after the 2010 Olympics in Zuccarello, the degree of perseverance that Sather showed in offering him what amounted to a second chance and then a third, re-signing him this offseason is something that not any other GM would be certain to have.

Darn it. Do you have to put it so well that I not only have to concede my point, but even fully agree? That is just not fair.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Just to add:

All the Norwegian hockey brass advised him against going to the rangers in the first place.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Just to add:

All the Norwegian hockey brass advised him against going to the rangers in the first place.
Yup, but the words of teammates Markus Naslund, Niklas Sundström and Peter Forsberg (who all warmly endorsed the Rangers) was something of a counterweight to that :)

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Yeah, I was wondering this summer when they reached an agreement before the negotiations went to arbitration. I think Zucc could have got around 1,5 mill if he wanted. Just shows what he is all about.

And I believe he can benifit from this next year. This, and his good play this season, if he keeps it up, could get him a nice long term contract after this season.

I think it´s realistic for Zucc to get a 3 year $2,5 mill deal next summer.

Wolfy*

He's our new goon, tough guys in the league better watch out :D

I guess he's the funny guy in the locker room...

[NHL]504529[/NHL]

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
In the land of make believe: If Zucc was waived today, who would realisticly claim him ?

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
Id lock him up for multiple years provided he continues to play this way all year. The guy has been one of our best 3 players by far all year. He's changed his game so much for the better. More aggressive, quicker, smarter. Love what he's done.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Hey, no need for a sad face. I wasn't that serious.

Oh no I meant it mostly as a reference to when I called shotout for Hank last night and then he let one in about a minute later :p

Pretty decent game by Zucc this.. Altho I'm slightly annoyed by AV's PP time priorities.

He's playing big names instead of players that are in stride. Zucc with 1:18 PP time is just laughable.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
20 points in 23 games since he was a healthy scratch against the Flyers. Can't ask for much better than that. Zucc has improved all in of the areas he's physically able to since he joined the NHL. Definitely deserves all of the time he's been getting.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
I think hes riding shotgun more than anything. Kreider's improved play is the catalyst.

No doubt Zuccarello is a creative player, but hes not big or strong enough to find the time and space needed on a consistent basis.

Since separated, Kreiders point production has decreased while Zuccarellos has increased, so it was actually Kreider holding Zucc back? :naughty::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad