Blue Jays Discussion: The Vladimir Guerrero Jr. injury overreaction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I couldn't believe that he was cleared to play in the infield with his shoulder hindering him that much. I've never seen anything like that before.

Let's hope his can regain strength in his throwing arm before the trade deadline or I'm afraid you'll be correct.

Is there any footage of JD throwing between innngs?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It's tough to watch the Yankees with all their stars having their way with us and our only star has something wrong with him. It's really tough to get in to the season like this. I have 0 faith in Shap and Atkins, I really do. My only faith is in Bo, Vladdy, Sanchez and Stroman. They will probably find a way to let Sanchez and Stroman go because they don't want to pay them. We are owned by a BS company and managed by dunces.

You’re a good fan. It matters to you.

This is how I look at this season. No matter what happens we will have a meaningful September - either they’ll be in pursuit of playoff spot or VGJr, Bo, Alford, TeoSCAR, Travis, Stro, Sanchez and Osuna will be taking the field everyday. Not bad, eh?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I didn't know my boy Loup was the longest serving Blue Jay! Here's hoping to a great season and hopefully many more to come!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Serious question for everybody.

Why is it that a loss on opening day of baseball feels way more devastating than any other sport?

Right now, I want management fired, unproductive players released and the suits at Rogers flogged in public.

If the Leafs or Raptors lost their first game I wouldn't give it a second thought. Football is a little different because the season is so short, but - other than the very best and the very worst teams - everybody is pretty much built to go 8-8, so an 0-1 start is hardly a killer.

I've been watching baseball every day since I was in 5th grade and I know today is 1 of 162. I also know, barring some sort of historic horrible start to the season (like last year), I won't have a clear idea of how the season is going to go until into June, or even July.

Yet, I sit here furious thinking: "Something needs to be done."

Is it because baseball is my favourite sport and the Jays are my favourite team? Or is it just one of the silly aspects of being a fan?
It's sucks for me more in hockey, because a loss means a lot more there. A loss in baseball means.. practically nothing. Especially over the course of the first few weeks when people are getting warmed up and pitchers are stretching out.

It might feel bad for you because it's a long season and starting off with a loss sucks. Plus we know the Jays will suck, so that makes it even worse, haha.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Damn, why couldn't the game be earlier? So I don't have to make the choice between Sanchez and the Leafs tonight.

I know im in the same boat. But with the Leafs clinching 3rd in the division and likely playing Boston or Tampa i think ill have an eye on the Jays more.

All the Leafs need to do is rest up, not get hurt and figure out lines over these next 5 games.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
We do have a new athletic trainer. At first glance not sure if keeping in top shape was a priority for most these guys!

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
We do have a new athletic trainer. At first glance not sure if keeping in top shape was a priority for most these guys!

Pillar, Biagini and Morales came to camp lighter, Sanchez and Travis are healthy so hard to blame her for the injuries. Tulo/Alford/Pompey is Tulo/Alford/Pompey and Stroman jept his shoulder injury from everyone. I dont know the situation with JD but something tells me that isn't her fault .

All things considered short of a long-term injury to JD and/or Stroman the Jays are in a good position healthwise.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I know im in the same boat. But with the Leafs clinching 3rd in the division and likely playing Boston or Tampa i think ill have an eye on the Jays more.

All the Leafs need to do is rest up, not get hurt and figure out lines over these next 5 games.
The Leaf game is meaningless anyways, the Leafs have clinched, watch the Blue Jays live and see the Leafs highlights later.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
well if donaldson is pooched we are well and truly screwed.

but the funny thing is that this injury actually just improved our lineup with the solarte-morales swap.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Most Jays fans have no problem with a bottoming out season, but I don't understand why Shapiro needs to keep spewing the "This is a very unique fanbase and we owe it to them to compete" nonsense. I mean, is he that out of touch with reality or is it an order from higher up that he can't rebuild?

I'm with you, need this team to be younger. But Donaldson should have been dealt a while ago while he still had solid value. Instead, he's a diminishing asset who may or may not be hurt. Imagine how terrible it would be if we miss the playoffs and lose Donaldson for nothing.

It's quite obvious it's media drivel. Shapiro isn't going to say "hey guys, we're going to tank for a year or two". Jays are one of the most popular, highest grossing teams in the league. Outright stating they are going to be bad would tank attendance. Toronto fans (not diehard) are fickle for jumping on and hopping off bandwagons.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
It's quite obvious it's media drivel. Shapiro isn't going to say "hey guys, we're going to tank for a year or two". Jays are one of the most popular, highest grossing teams in the league. Outright stating they are going to be bad would tank attendance. Toronto fans (not diehard) are fickle for jumping on and hopping off bandwagons.

They aren't tanking at all. If they were, they would have traded Donaldson. They should have, but they didn't. So they might end up losing a valuable piece for essentially nothing and not make the playoffs. That is a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad