The Vancouver Canucks: Great Moments in Time

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

Rintoul's looking less like Ed Grimley as he gets older.

Screenshot (1329).png

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I was watching highlights of that 2006/2007 team. What a heater they went on to go from an under .500 team to 105 points and a division title.
The first half was one of the bleakest offensive performances ever. But then there was a random game against Calgary where the Sedins went off and they never looked back. Luongo was obviously incredible and should’ve won hart and vezina Imo.
Unfortunately the offense dried up again in the playoffs and we ran up against a massive juggernaut in Anaheim in the second round.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
1. Burrows slaying the dragon - just the drama of the history, Toews saying they weren't done at 3-1 in the series and forcing game 7, Toews tying it with minutes to go in game 7, Burrows taking the penalty in OT, Lou making the save, and the shot. I was there, never heard Rogers, or any arena louder in my life.

2. Pavel Bure's first game, we all knew we had something special

3. Bure's goal in game 7 vs Calgary, McLean's "the save" in the same game

4. The twins last game at home, it was story book, even the timing of the goals, not sure if people looked at those but its eerie

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
Here's the Canucks goals from the 2009/2010 season. What an entertaining offensive season with Henrik Sedin going nuclear and scoring what 112 points?

And such a 'team'. That's the funny thing about the playoffs and winning a cup. You can be as star studded as you want, like Toronto, but until you have chemstry and 20 guys all buying in, and giving it their all for each other, you can't win a cup. And that is very hard to create.

I think alot of that team's success had to do with the fact that a big part of the core played together in Winnipeg for a few years (Bieksa, Kelser, Burrows, Schneider, Hansen, all under AV).

I hope what this new regime is doing, 'over cooking' players in the AHL, will create the same type of cohesion.

Boy were they fun to watch!

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Well not the 2015 draft that is for certain. Passed on Tkachuk for nobody essentially.
Definitely not great moment

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
And such a 'team'. That's the funny thing about the playoffs and winning a cup. You can be as star studded as you want, like Toronto, but until you have chemstry and 20 guys all buying in, and giving it their all for each other, you can't win a cup. And that is very hard to create.

I think alot of that team's success had to do with the fact that a big part of the core played together in Winnipeg for a few years (Bieksa, Kelser, Burrows, Schneider, Hansen, all under AV).

I hope what this new regime is doing, 'over cooking' players in the AHL, will create the same type of cohesion.

Boy were they fun to watch!
I'm not sure you need 20 guys buying in though you do need your top two players actually showing up. M&M have been MIA for pretty much every postseason to my knowledge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad