• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
That’s counterproductive at this point.

Oilers weren't going to place above the Jets after this series anyhow. They're likely 3rd or 4th at the end of the season. Might as well have the Jets f*** up the Leafs.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don’t care that RNH scored a goal tonight. He’s infuriating to watch.

The only reason I wouldn’t be offering him in trade right now is because of DRY.

Reactions: frag2

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
That’s counterproductive at this point.
Sorry but I don't even care anymore lol. All the folks out there laughing at the notion of the Leafs losing a few games in a row because there's no other good teams in Canada.

Canada's team? Yeah. Only team that can unite a nation in the hopes they lose.

Reactions: TB12

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Yeah, Bear delivers a decent first pass, but undersized AND mediocre skating doesn’t exactly scream “minute-eating defenseman” as far as I’m concerned. If you’re small, need to be mobile to compensate. I’m not kicking him out the door or anything, but I don’t feel like we “need” to keep him if an opportunity arises to get good value for him. I doubt he’s going to be one of this team’s 10 best players once more of the pieces are in place.

I'm all for patience (see: Petry, someone I was very against getting traded) but the issue is that when your offensive superstars are in their prime in the next 3 years, can the Oilers afford to have a whole bunch of defenseman stuck in the learning phase? Bear/Jones/Bouchard/Broberg are just too far away from being net positive impacts on the ice, if this team waits for them to develop, other windows are going to close. If they're taking up 4 of 8 NHL positions for the next 3 years (though I suspect they lose Jones in the expansion draft), is this team going to win a cup? No way.

The timing of the maturity of different aspects of this team is all wonky, which is the kind of thing you have to always be looking for trading opportunities to correct. Given how badly this team needs goaltending or a goaltending prospect, that's what I'd be looking to flip Bear for.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Half the goals weren't his fault and there's no point to changing him now. If anything its good because maybe he'll start a fight and give us something to cheer about.
So we’d still be losing if we eliminate the ones that were. I’m just thinking if we’d get a better response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad