Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Well, Namestnikov's CORSI has been insane for 3 years, whatever that is worth

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Interesting that most of the speculation was that we'd be targeting young players who were NHL ready as returns. Other than Spooner and Nemestnikov, who both appear to 'role players' rather than top line talent, it ended up being a bunch of moves that we won't see the results of for a few years yet.

I wonder if they view some of these guys as close to being ready. Do they think maybe Howden could push for a spot next year? Get Lindgren out of college and into a spot? Hajek ready to turn pro?

I doubt it'll happen but maybe they feel out of those guys there are some who might make the jump

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
When you step away from the emotion, it’s actually a fair deal. Spooner probably allowed Miller to be moved, so you get a different skill set for a player that you were not going to sign long term. You added four more quality assets. You now probably 8 of the top 100 picks in a deep draft.

THIS. If you lump the Nash trade into this, then Spooner + Namestikov is actually way better than Miller on his own. One of those 2 gets flipped at the next trade deadline.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I think you will see some more roster players moved with the tbl and or bos pick(s) as nyr will be very active at the draft in the first round...

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I wonder if they view some of these guys as close to being ready. Do they think maybe Howden could push for a spot next year? Get Lindgren out of college and into a spot? Hajek ready to turn pro?

I doubt it'll happen but maybe they feel out of those guys there are some who might make the jump

Gotta assume that Howden, Andersson and Chytil all get a long look in camp; but it's a fair gamble if they are expecting/hoping all 3 of them to contribute right away

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Gotta assume that Howden, Andersson and Chytil all get a long look in camp; but it's a fair gamble if they are expecting/hoping all 3 of them to contribute right away
doubt it, would expect howden to go to the ahl for some time and stagger the infusion of youth a bit.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I'm happy with the work Gorts did. One asset short on the McD deal but good overall. Going into the draft with Zucc, Spooner and Namestikov on the table can add even more picks this year and next. Very strong drafts coming up. This is more White Sox than Yankees but I'll be really happy with high picks in these upcoming drafts.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Wow, still don't think this has all sunk in yet. But, now we can move on and allow these kids to play, let them grow together where leaders will emerge and stars will be born!

hagsfan924

Sep 1, 2011
I can see us trading Kreider (and maybe a pick) at the draft for Puj. Zuc for picks and prospects.
Sign Kovalchuk or JVR in the summer.

Kovy/JVR Zib Puj
Spooner Namestnikov Buch
Prospect* Hayes Fast
Vesey Lettieri Carey

*Howden, Chytil or Anderson would be in competition for this spot

On D...
Skjei ???
Shattenkirk Staal
DeAngelo Bigras

Lunqvist
Georgiev

??? could either be our top pick in the draft, a free agent signing, or trade? I doubt any of the guys we acquired would be ready to take that spot so we're definitely weak on D.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Rangers added a good amount of assets. Not all will remain Rangers, some might not even last past draft day. It will be interesting to see what Gorton can do with the flexibility and potential for further deals over the summer. Can't get too high/low 3 hours after the deadline. It's a long term project now.

Reactions: TheKingsCourt

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
are we gonna do a prospect ranking now that the deadline passed? i never partook but always read them. interested to see how all the new guys rank with what we had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad