Blue Jays Discussion: The trade deadline has passed. Time to see what this can do (most acquisitions expected to be present Thursday in Minnesota)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I did find it interesting in 2020 Atlanta Braves were about to sign him then he caught covid and that ended his chances for signing with them, all because he caught covid.
He hasn’t been good for a while.
Hopefully, but the trend is showing he's just not as good as maybe people were hoping he would be in the MLB, sometimes that's just the case coming from other leagues, they just don't pan out sometimes, this might be a case of that.
it certainly hasn’t shown to be a good bet yet for sure. I get the gamble and why they looked at him. That third year is really the problem at this point. All we can do now is pray they sort him out in the off season

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
What do they do about Mitch White? I guess with off days coming up they can just skip him. I think that’s what they will probably do.
Only 3 off days including tomorrow left in the season. Starting Friday, they play 11 games in 10 days, then an off-day, then 9 straight games, followed by their last off-day and six straight games to close the season.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Only 3 off days including tomorrow left in the season. Starting Friday, they play 11 games in 10 days, then an off-day, then 9 straight games, followed by their last off-day and six straight games to close the season.

I forgot about the double header coming up. Would they hesitate to use a starter on short rest in the final 10 games of the season if a playoff spot hasn't been clinched?

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
What do they do about Mitch White? I guess with off days coming up they can just skip him. I think that’s what they will probably do.

Have Jansen catch his next start, possibly behind an opener. I have no clue why Kirk has caught his last 3 starts when he was caught by Jansen in his first 3 starts with the team and only allowed 5 ER total over 12.4 innings.

Reactions: MS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad