The Tomas Plekanec Thread

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Just chiming in from Montreal and having a good knowledge of Pleks.
I'm happy he's shown up to a couple games for you in the playoffs and I'm sad that the leafs are on the ropes.

However, I don't think Plekanec was part of some sort of playoff master plan. In the last couple seasons, his offense dried up completely. In addition, he has never been a great playoff performer and has even criticized his playoff performance as playing like a girl.
'I played like a little girl,' Plekanec says

Granted, this was 10 years ago, but the reputation and performances have piled up over the years. He's had a couple outlying runs the playoffs but he's never really been a playoff hero.

While Toronto has been intrigued by his pickup, Montreal breathed a collective sigh of relief.

If the mindhead in Toronto is as clever as we all think it is, Pleks was brought in for defense only. All this offense is a bonus.

Reactions: Paradoc

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bruins killer and we might be best pickup for leafs in long time.

It really makes Lou seem like a genius right now. They spent all their picks on top end talent and Lou looks at the Standings and figures we are going to get the Bruins, gets THE ANTI Bergeron himself.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
credit where credit is due. He's been fantastic the last few games. I was a hater up until the last 3 games. He's almost changed my mind... almost. ]

A big game 7 can change that for me :)

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Just chiming in from Montreal and having a good knowledge of Pleks.
I'm happy he's shown up to a couple games for you in the playoffs and I'm sad that the leafs are on the ropes.

However, I don't think Plekanec was part of some sort of playoff master plan. In the last couple seasons, his offense dried up completely. In addition, he has never been a great playoff performer and has even criticized his playoff performance as playing like a girl.
'I played like a little girl,' Plekanec says

Granted, this was 10 years ago, but the reputation and performances have piled up over the years. He's had a couple outlying runs the playoffs but he's never really been a playoff hero.

While Toronto has been intrigued by his pickup, Montreal breathed a collective sigh of relief.

If the mindhead in Toronto is as clever as we all think it is, Pleks was brought in for defense only. All this offense is a bonus.

Has he always been this dirty? It's not blatant like Marchand, he's very sneaky about it, but he's constantly getting little elbows and butt ends in here and there, it's great. I always remember him being a relatively clean player in Montreal, never really stuck out as a guy to watch for dirty play.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Has he always been this dirty? It's not blatant like Marchand, he's very sneaky about it, but he's constantly getting little elbows and butt ends in here and there, it's great. I always remember him being a relatively clean player in Montreal, never really stuck out as a guy to watch for dirty play.
Ever since I started watching him as a Hamilton Bulldog, YES! He's a great little pest in his own way.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Extraordinary happy to eat some crow on previous comments I made in this very thread. If he plays like this, and babs realizes that Komarov is at best our 14th best forward we can roll four legit lines like we have been these past two games.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Plex is one of the Bruins most hated players ever check out their board. He's very balanced all-round smart player and a pest with the stick, unfortunately was stuck cleaning up after David friggin Desharnais for much of his time in Montreal glad to see he gets a chance to contribute to this Toronto run one more guys!!

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Pleks has always been great VS the Bruins. Happy to see him do well for you guys. He was a trooper for the Habs for many years and had some great seasons offensively too where he was a prototypical 2-way center.

On a cheaper contract I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He was looking pretty “done” in the regular season, but man has he turned it on in the playoffs! Not doing anything too flashy, just playing really solid, veteran 2-way hockey. Winning draws, shutting down Bergeron, and just always in the right place defensively and on zone exits.

He’s got massive experience playing against the top Bruins players, and it really shows, he’s doing a beautiful job against them. If we hadn’t made this acquisition, IMO we’d be out already, as none of our lines were able to handle Rat/Bergeron/Pasta until we put Marleau/Pleks/Marner on them.

Wouldn’t want to sign him for any significant term, as he’s 35 and defenitely dropping off, but if he’d sign for 1-2 years at a 4C price, I’d be down.

pulfordfan

Sep 28, 2017
Rjukan Norway
Love him, great in this series, one member mentioned earlier the reason he's been so effective cause he's a ex hab and they have a hate on for Boston for years. I believe that. Hope he can be signed for next year, if not we got the Goat down on the farm who now is turning it up during the AHL playoff. He just got to get some evil in him, big, good on face offs, and goes to a new level at playoff time.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
So we all agree that Kadri suspension was blessings in disguise?

Honestly not anything close to being called a blessing, sure I'd take a game 7 where we've won games 5&6 but hell even if Kadri only got a 2 game suspension I think Leafs would've won game 4 100% and then it plays out as a new best of 3 series instead of a best of 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad