The Tomas Plekanec Thread

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Against Boston, YES. They are his mortal enemy imo.
There's a youtube clip of him losing a faceoff to Krejci, and then just butt ends him in the face. Of course, who doesn't want to butt end that guy...but geez, you could cave in an orbital bone with that move.

He knows those Boston players from a few wars over the years. He wants them to get mad and take penalties.

Of course, the score was 5-1 at the time. lol

That's why Marchand said he hates Pleks more than any other player. That's saying something, coming from the Rat.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
But after game 2 Lou was not good:laugh:
That's because everything is black and white with people.
What you do can be good overall but there is one area I don't agree with.
That doesn't make you terrible when listing the things you like and the things you don't.

Reactions: DarkKnight

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Rick Nash - 6GP 1G 0A 1PTS -3
Cost to acquire: Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, Ryan Lindgren, 1st 2018, 7th 2018

Tomas Plekanec - 6GP 2G 2A 4PTS +2
Cost to acquire: Kerby Rychel, Rinat Valiev, 2nd 2018

Rick Nash is not a has been, he's a never was!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He definitely seems like a guy who thrives with more responsibility and usage. He looked off in the regular season with less of a role to play.

Other big variable is not playing with Leo who dragged his stats down considerably

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Is it possible that he is a player that has lost all his talent except for an inexplicable ability to shut down the Bergeron line?
Well, it’s talent in itself, isn’t it? He is also shutting down Crosby very effectively. Imagine he does nothing else but shut down Bergeron, Kucherov, Crosby and Forsberg in 4 series? I bet Montreal will ask for extra pick.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Honestly, Pleks might not have the same skills and might be a little slower now that he's older but he's still a great vet to have around. I think he's worth resigning for a year or two. 4th line C that can help groom the young Marlies callups next season.

Matthews
XXX
Kadri
Pleks

Is pretty dang solid.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Pleks was a decent playoff pickup. Don't want him back. Appreciate the effort.
I can't say Plekanec was a real Toronto Maple Leaf for all 34 games, but I think he leaves the club as one. I think he struggled playing in front
of such a unwieldy defense however. His defensive game is structured positionally (like it should) similiar to Komarov's and when someone fails to do their job, they
end up looking bad.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Final verdict:

Too many games where he was a passenger. I can't stand the fact that his non-engagement with fourth line responsibilities got him promoted! I don't care if he was used to having a bigger role. You cant be like that! What kind of example is he to developing players who usually get their NHL debute playing a minor role. I really wonder what his fans would be saying if Kadri didn't get suspended.

Shanny, please punt him as far as you can from the blue and white. We don't need that crappy attitude.

In conclusion:

Not that great a return for the assets given for him. Showed up too late.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
He's a useful 4th line center/penalty killer who can match up. There is value to that in the NHL. Once he leaves we'll be looking for that. If you can sign him to a cheap one year contract it's a good idea.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
He's a useful 4th line center/penalty killer who can match up. There is value to that in the NHL. Once he leaves we'll be looking for that. If you can sign him to a cheap one year contract it's a good idea.

Are you kidding? Did you see what he was like on our 4th line?

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Well with Aaltonen's skill set not projecting right now to being a 4th line faceoff/PK/match up guy I'd like to hear your bright ideas on how much better we can do then Plek centring our 4th line.

As I said, as soon as he leaves we'll be trying to replace him.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'd love to have Plekanec back in a Leafs jersey next year. He was good for us and can only get better once he settles in next year. I hope we sign him because he'll probably come a lot cheaper than other options.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Played well and was effective. Certainly a large part of why we made game 7.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Well with Aaltonen's skill set not projecting right now to being a 4th line faceoff/PK/match up guy I'd like to hear your bright ideas on how much better we can do then Plek centring our 4th line.

As I said, as soon as he leaves we'll be trying to replace him.

4th line should be fairly easy to fill. If this doesn't happen to mgmt's satisfaction, then a TDL pick-up can happen.

The last thing any NHL team needs to be anxious about is who's going to be playing 4C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->