The Tomas Plekanec Thread

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
He played his worst game here in the first game of the playoffs. If he doesn't rebound and have a huge game Sat. he should be done here.
So far, it's been a bad, unnecessary trade

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
So disappointed with the loss of a 2nd. I really couldn’t care less about valiev and Rychel, but we have been selecting really nice looking 2nds since hunter came on board, outside of rasanen they all look certain to be nhlers. Dermott is one, grundstrom is going to be one. Korshkov if he comes over has been playing well in the 2nd best league in the world. Bracco will play in the nhl I just don’t think it will be with the leafs. And we threw one of those opportunities away for Tomas f***ing plekanec

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
whos ia talking championships.......i was talking a play off round

My mistake. I thought in a discussion criticizing Babcock's playoff performance in recent years, while citing Lidstrom that the context was winning playoffs rounds with the goal of...a championship?

My mistake, my mistake...:rolleyes:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
My mistake. I thought in a discussion criticizing Babcock's playoff performance in recent years, while citing Lidstrom that the context was winning playoffs rounds with the goal of...a championship?

My mistake, my mistake...:rolleyes:
whatever

I responded to a comment that Babs a tad over rated as top dog of coaches.:rolleyes:

I think he is.

Is that clearer for you.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Now would be a great time for Pleks to show up.

........ otherwise he’s going to be a complete waste of a 2nd round pick and a roster spot.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
whatever

I responded to a comment that Babs a tad over rated as top dog of coaches.:rolleyes:

I think he is.

Is that clearer for you.

Oh, don't you worry. It was crystal clear before. ;)

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
This has to fall on the pro scouts who thought he still could offer something and whoever between shanny Lou dubas and hunter that was responsible for talking to Pleks agent before the deal to see if he was really had his heart in it.
Dude legit looks like he’s passing time til he can coast back to Montreal and be comfortable.
Babs is in a tough spot though, he clamoured for more depth then when his management delivered this dud he’s kinda stuck playing him otherwise it looks bad on management. Playing him also makes us look bad though so it’s a real catch 22

Last edited:

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I dont think anyone would have predicted this kind of uninspired play from this guy.

Maybe it's a product of playing your whole career on a storied rival franchise and now asking him to give his all for a few months knowing full well he's going back to Montreal? does that even work?

Reactions: DarkKnight

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Was better off keeping Boyle. I can't blame Plekanec either...he didn't ask to be traded here. And be honest, would you play for the Habs?

Let's hope his hatred for the Bruins overrules his hatred for the Leafs. Maybe he'll show up.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
The guy looks completely disinterested. I know he has a calm demeanor but I don't think his heart is in it.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Was better off keeping Boyle. I can't blame Plekanec either...he didn't ask to be traded here. And be honest, would you play for the Habs?

Let's hope his hatred for the Bruins overrules his hatred for the Leafs. Maybe he'll show up.

It’s tough to blame him but he should be a professional. It seems like he mentally checked out and was looking forward to time off and probably didnt like that he got traded to a playoff team.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If he doesn’t play well tonight, it’s his last game in a Leafs jersey.
If he plays poorly then it should be. Moore, while not being all that great, at least gives you the effort. Plekanec looks like he's taken melatonin when he's out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad