OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 197 Winter, comets, and Fios oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
****in-a nearly 5 months since the last TaN was incepted

Used to not be able to go 5 days without a new one

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I dunno if it's even bad seasons. Our biggest contributors to this thread have just faded away, probably due to life. I doubt this thread can ever reach it's previous glory.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I dunno if it's even bad seasons. Our biggest contributors to this thread have just faded away, probably due to life. I doubt this thread can ever reach it's previous glory.

I think both those factors played a big part.

The fact that Masterpiece Theater offers approximately the same level of entertainment as the average Devils game has to count for something.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think both those factors played a big part.

The fact that Masterpiece Theater offers approximately the same level of entertainment as the average Devils game has to count for something.

You're right, it might be an underlying cause. I think a more immediate cause than the team losing is the toxic environment it breeds. If the team sucked but this place was still funny and at least a bit optimistic, it might not be as bad.

But I'm breaking the only real rule of the TaN here, so I won't talk about it anymore.

Jaysfanatic*

Where is Saugus? In my lurking, he used to have almost 900 of the 1000 post limit in these threads in like two days?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Life happened to Saugus IIRC. He was around not too long ago, but he said it was just going to be a short stint.

I believe at the time he was putting up that furious post count pace he didn't have a job, which I'm pretty sure he does now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Life happened to Saugus IIRC. He was around not too long ago, but he said it was just going to be a short stint.

I believe at the time he was putting up that furious post count pace he didn't have a job, which I'm pretty sure he does now.

I recall him popping into one of the first GDTs of the year, was the first time in a while since he posted.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
He was very smart to get out when he did. You keep that clip up, and it's only a matter of time before.....

South-Park-World-of-Warcraft.jpg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
lol that's about right BG.

This nostalgic talk made me, well, nostalgic. So I started looking up old memes. The good old days:

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm in a nasty ass hotel in Miami airport.... my flight was delayed 1 hr the turbulence was horruble and there isn't a single bar open after 11:00 pm. This place sucks.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
...just a ramble on some coworker .........

top five mac love monents countdown:

5. "mac was here"

in the dumpster with garbage red tape from leider's poulan crew....tapes to wall all the while reading a book on his phone
......alll afternoon

4. "rope coil"

the mollasses of this scene is more then comical... The slowness of the twisting of the hands and the arms twisting the rope so slow so so so slow ...

coma inducing to watch

3. "peck and read"

'clean these buckets mac'

A tectonic insanity of pick at the bucket so delicately that it's cheaper to buy a bucket and fire him instead.....

real world awaits him.......that work ethic cant go far.

2. "the ladder PAILbearer"

who paints cornice off a ladder like this?!!... his method was dumbfounding to the highest order of clownmanship

... dip the paintbrush into the can on the ground........ climb the ladder... paint, and then climb back down to redip ....only to climb up again to paint more....what????

amazing that 3 year olds can figure this **** out ....but golden child cant?

1. "F.U."

the exit of mac....... The awkwardness of the whole situation to tell everyone **** you... **** you **** you... **** you...

so contrived ....not well played....and worst of all......not that funny.

///
report done and submitted
\\\

Last edited:

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
I just lurk these days and keep my posts to the Pru Center thread. This place isn't what it used to be and plus we all like hang out on the weekends and stuff now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad