OT: The Thread About Nothing CCIX: VIEWS [from the 201]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Whenever I need to stream, I usually use another browser and use Chrome for non-streaming activities.

Thanks; I had no idea some browsers were more efficient for streaming than others. I have Chrome, Firefox, and Opera on my computer, so I'll experiment with the other two.

EDIT: Technically I have IE on my computer too, but I never use it since it can give your computer STDs.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Your post got me thinking, that would look really cool in a man cave. So maybe I'll keep the Devils cards and just sell-off all the other teams (plus Devils duplicates).

I also think I'll remove any cards that have >=$10 value to sell alone, and auction all the others in "lots" just to get rid of them. Probably easier that way. In other words, if I have 17 Calgary Flames cards, I'll remove the 1 Iginla to sell separately, and just auction the other 16 off on EBAY in one sale. I think they'll move that way, as that's a great way for a team collector to snag a bunch at once.

Lots are how I wound up with the Matt Taormina - Nick Palmieri types.

If you were going to display one of each player (I have 80+ players), would you have one humongous display case or maybe 3 separate cases and hang them in different spots?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If you were going to display one of each player (I have 80+ players), would you have one humongous display case or maybe 3 separate cases and hang them in different spots?

I think one of those cases with the felt backing that's intended to hold an autographed jersey would be nice. I'd have to do the math to see how many cards one could hold, but I imagine it would be quite a few.

I need to do this for my 1980 M.O.I. autographed card set. That I want displayed.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
When I first heard about TSLA summoning technology, this is literally the first thing I thought about. How can they prevent........ oh.... nevermind.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
When I first heard about TSLA summoning technology, this is literally the first thing I thought about. How can they prevent........ oh.... nevermind.

I like new technology but if I have to stand there and press a button to do that and wait anyway I'll just walk across the street and get in the damn car

Reactions: New Jersey

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Pull the SD cards from the game cams at my place & had a really cool pic tonight. A fox carrying a baby racoon in its' mouth!

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
@Aethon

Yes or no? I'm leaning no.

Deer2019.jpg

Reactions: New Jersey

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I like new technology but if I have to stand there and press a button to do that and wait anyway I'll just walk across the street and get in the damn car

Funny you should say that, I was watching Fox Business the other day when they were discussing this technology, and the analyst said she felt exactly the same way. Thought this is a loser.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
@Aethon

Yes or no? I'm leaning no.

Deer2019.jpg
It's definitely a young buck 1&1/2 to 2&1/2 y.o. my guess would be 2&1/2.

In my opinion that is a personal choice. I don't know if you and your neighbors adhere to any quality deer management practices or what your situation is. If I was in a place where I could watch him for two years I wouldn't even consider it.... but I hardly ever get to know bucks for more than a year or so...I mean if you are in a place where that deer walks through the wrong backyard and he is going to get shot out of the back window by someone drinking their morning coffee in the kitchen...I would seriously considering taking him.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I have a friend in Whitefish Montana sending me pictures of the snow accumulating. Insane. I sent him picture of the temperature reading in my car this afternoon saying 82°

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I have a friend in Whitefish Montana sending me pictures of the snow accumulating. Insane. I sent him picture of the temperature reading in my car this afternoon saying 82°
Recently had a customer sending out a package to Whitefish.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It's definitely a young buck 1&1/2 to 2&1/2 y.o. my guess would be 2&1/2.

In my opinion that is a personal choice. I don't know if you and your neighbors adhere to any quality deer management practices or what your situation is. If I was in a place where I could watch him for two years I wouldn't even consider it.... but I hardly ever get to know bucks for more than a year or so...I mean if you are in a place where that deer walks through the wrong backyard and he is going to get shot out of the back window by someone drinking their morning coffee in the kitchen...I would seriously considering taking him.

I live in old school Hunterdon County, I would say with no hyperbole that every 3rd house on my road hunts. And that's what stinks about it, there's little opportunity for bucks to get big where I live, you have to hope they make it to a 3rd year & have that big antler growth spurt that season, or that one wanders down from Round Valley or changes its' range. So yeah, maybe I'll got for it if I see him when I'm out there.

I have a friend in Whitefish Montana sending me pictures of the snow accumulating. Insane.

Someday I'll get there. I hear that Whitefish area is one of the most amazing places in the nation, and probably an awesome place to move too, not just for the obvious reasons but for forward growth and increasing house prices over the next 20 years. Sadly, however, my wife is a teacher, and Montana practically pays college educated teachers like they're burger flippers, which is just bizarre IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad