OT: The Thread About Nothing CCIX: VIEWS [from the 201]

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I just walked into the women's room by accident at a restaurant. There was a woman at the mirror fixing her hair... I had been in the men's room in this place in the past and as soon as I didn't see urnals I panicked a little...the women goes "how's it going". And I just turned around.
I recently walked into a womens Bathroom that was temporarily a mens room with a makeshift mens room sign taped on the door. I too had that moment of panic because of the lack of urinals.

Reactions: Aethon

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
One thing lost in the mouse discussion: How ruthlessly efficient cats are in ridding your home of mice.

Our cat is ten years old and never had to catch a mouse in her life. We apparently had two running around our apartment today (I jinxed myself a few posts back).

She killed both of them in the span of fifteen minutes. My girlfriend is working from home today and has been texting me updates. She is horrified.

The cat dropped one while it was struggling for life and batted it around before finishing the job.

Ruthless. Horrifying. Efficient.

Reactions: Darkauron

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
One thing lost in the mouse discussion: How ruthlessly efficient cats are in ridding your home of mice.

Our cat is ten years old and never had to catch a mouse in her life. We apparently had two running around our apartment today (I jinxed myself a few posts back).

She killed both of them in the span of fifteen minutes. My girlfriend is working from home today and has been texting me updates. She is horrified.

The cat dropped one while it was struggling for life and batted it around before finishing the job.

Ruthless. Horrifying. Efficient.
I've had 2 mice in my house in 15 years, both were brought in by my cat. As a present or just as a toy I don't know. She then bats around and stalks the mouse for a bit, but not killing. The second mouse eventually got into a spot my cat could not get at it. After awhile my cat lost interest. Then I was stuck trying to catch the mouse.

She's also brought in at least one live bird.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I've had 2 mice in my house in 15 years, both were brought in by my cat. As a present or just as a toy I don't know. She then bats around and stalks the mouse for a bit, but not killing. The second mouse eventually got into a spot my cat could not get at it. After awhile my cat lost interest. Then I was stuck trying to catch the mouse.

She's also brought in at least one live bird.
Most cats don't want to eat the mouse. They just play with them.

Mine, however, have caught, killed, eaten, then regurgitated multiple mice. It's kind of gross cleaning up a hairball. It's even worse when you realize the hairball has a decapitated mouse in it.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Neither would a black person using the same restroom as a white one in many states.
Welp, that is true. And I think we all would agree that change was a good one.

But since it seems you are using that as a counter example, does that mean you think guys should go take a leak in women's bathrooms?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Going to my first movie in theaters tonight since Jurassic World came out in 2015. Now I know why I don't go anymore, costs $30 for me and my gf to go to a damn movie.
Need to find the date night deals, local place near me is 2 for 1 on Tuesdays. Matinee's are another option.

Still going to get gouged on popcorn and soda though.

Planning to see The Joker next, maybe this Tuesday.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Welp, that is true. And I think we all would agree that change was a good one.

But since it seems you are using that as a counter example, does that mean you think guys should go take a leak in women's bathrooms?
That means that I don't think the 50's are a good moral barometer for much of anything.

Public restrooms are a pretty foul experience all around so I personally don't care who I'm taking a piss next to.

It's a nonissue for any other than those who concern themselves with such things for reasons beyond my understanding.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Need to find the date night deals, local place near me is 2 for 1 on Tuesdays. Matinee's are another option.

Still going to get gouged on popcorn and soda though.

Planning to see The Joker next, maybe this Tuesday.

The only reason I'm going is to see the joker on its premiere. This is the first movie I've been excited to see in a long time

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That means that I don't think the 50's are a good moral barometer for much of anything.

Public restrooms are a pretty foul experience all around so I personally don't care who I'm taking a piss next to.

It's a nonissue for any other than those who concern themselves with such things for reasons beyond my understanding.
My guess is women care about it more so then men. Fathers of young daughters as well.

But even myself, if I have to take a dump, I don't want to do that next to a lady.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The only reason I'm going is to see the joker on its premiere. This is the first movie I've been excited to see in a long time
Agree it looks good.

Bit of a controversy apparently, but maybe best to discuss after viewing?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I don't care about the humane factor of trapping and killing mice. You go into my apartment, you die, it's as simple as that. The other thing is that the doorman just gave me a couple of glue traps, and I can't argue with free stuff. But I do care about them squeaking as they die, as well as the fact that they generally look gross just being trapped there. The hardware store near me has disposable traps that you bait with peanut butter or cheese in the front and it indicates when it's got one. I think I'll buy a couple of them for the future, they're a little over $6 for a pack of two.

This is the first time I've seen a mouse in my apartment, so hopefully they won't need to be used.
People gave you shit for this post?

We used to take the ones stuck to the traps to the curb, flip them over, and give it a quick stomp. Haven't had an issue in a long time fortunately, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Lol at humane ways of killing rodents in the city. Your options are poisoning, a variety of traps (any of which can be deemed brutal), or sealing the gaps so they get stuck in the walls and starve to death. You're certainly not releasing them anywhere.

I always find the cognitive dissonance between city folk and rural ones in regards to vermin interesting.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
My guess is women care about it more so then men. Fathers of young daughters as well.

But even myself, if I have to take a dump, I don't want to do that next to a lady.
I'd prefer not doing it next to a woman, but it wouldn't prevent me from going if I had to and I wasn't risking getting thrown out.

And since you brought up daughters, I see fathers bringing their young daughters in to the mens restroom all of the time if the mother isn't present. I also see women using the mens restroom fairly regularly due to the shorter lines.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
People gave you **** for this post?

We used to take the ones stuck to the traps to the curb, flip them over, and give it a quick stomp. Haven't had an issue in a long time fortunately, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Lol at humane ways of killing rodents in the city. Your options are poisoning, a variety of traps (any of which can be deemed brutal), or sealing the gaps so they get stuck in the walls and starve to death. You're certainly not releasing them anywhere.

I always find the cognitive dissonance between city folk and rural ones in regards to vermin interesting.
I gave him shit. For a couple reasons.

1)The mouse was already trapped in the sink.

2)He then left, leaving the mouse in the sink, I guess hoping the mouse would escape.

3)The mouse didn't escape, so he then proceeds to put in one of the least humane ways to catch a mouse possible. And no not all killing methods are equal.

No one wants mice in their house, I'm no exception, but this was handled poorly.

Reactions: Darkauron

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
People gave you **** for this post?

Reactions: BenedictGomez

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'd prefer not doing it next to a woman, but it wouldn't prevent me from going if I had to and I wasn't risking getting thrown out.

And since you brought up daughters, I see fathers bringing their young daughters in to the mens restroom all of the time if the mother isn't present. I also see women using the mens restroom fairly regularly due to the shorter lines.

Obviously desperate times call for desperate measures. But that is different then "who cares".

As per fathers and daughters. The father is protecting the daughter in this instance as opposed to daughter, and unknown male alone in a bathroom together.

Women in men's room. See my point about women caring more then men. And if a women is bold enough to go into a mens room, I'd love to take a dump in the stall next to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad