OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
No, it's a Samsung. And it's like 3 years old, so I usually don't know if technical issues are the site (which still loads like **** half the time) or my phone.:laugh:
I have an iphone and its notorious for popping up random generated sites saying you have won a free phone/gift. Since i got the new Iphone 8 I have only noticed it when i visited here on my mobile

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm just about finished with witcher 3

I;m leaning towards buying Nioh, Nier Automatica, persona 5, nhl 18, destiny 2, or wolfenstein 1 and 2 as my next game

If you have a PS4 play Horizon Zero Dawn if you haven't already. That game is pretty dope. It's on PSN for like $20 right now

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
If you have a PS4 play Horizon Zero Dawn if you haven't already. That game is pretty dope. It's on PSN for like $20 right now
I have it, spent about 90ish hours on my first playthrough, waited for the expansion so I could continue my playthrough...and when i downloaded frozen wilds my ps4 deleted all my HZD saves :(

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Man the no-seeums are nasty down here in SW Florida. I got welts on my legs that look like some sort of infectious disease.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Will SetTV black-out Devils games if I'm in market? I don't see MSG listed....
It doesn’t have msg listed actually it has about 15 slots of nhl games which are streamed. I live in Chicago but I haven’t actually tried to watch a hawks game on it yet. Next time they play I’ll get back to you with more info

Reactions: None Shall Pass

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
When you watch Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer as a adult, you realize just how **$$*$ up of a story it is.

Reactions: tr83

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I can't like this post enough. The stop motion animation makes it even worse

I used to watch this EVERY year as a kid, it was my favorite, but I hadnt seen it in a long time. Anyway here's just some of the crap fresh in my mind from watching it tonight.....

1) Rudolph gets rejected, ostracized, mocked, & laughed at by classmates solely because of his physical appearance.

2)When Rudolph turns to the school for help, the teachers are even meaner than the children, and literally wont even let him play games with other kids, so Rudolph runs off crying.

3) Rudolph's own father (Donner) acts like his kid's a freak & tries to cover-up his physical imperfection with mud so the family wont be shamed.

4) Donner is disrespectful of his wife and puts her in her place!

6) The elf shop is like a Chinese labor camp for children where the workers are treated horribly and literally work nonstop in fear.

7) Santa is actually a jerk throughout most of this thing, except with Mrs. Claus, who totally has him completely p**** whipped into submission.

8) The entire misfit toy island sequence is what I've read LSD trips are like. A lion king with wings wont let them stay & boots them out into the dangerous arctic cold. What the actual *$*# is going on here?

9) They incapacitate the Bumble with a rock to the head & then rip out all his teeth rendering him helpless, and only once he's completely helpless do they try to kill him with a pick ax!

10) The misfit bird was a misfit because he couldn't fly, but the bird is the only one dropped from Santa's sleigh without a parachute. Blooper or intentionally twisted? I'm not sure.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Arbys buys BWW

I used to like BWW years ago, but the quality of their food seriously declined over the years.

Buh bye Matt Lauer

When I first heard this today, I thought, "good for NBC for taking proactive action" here.

Only to learn a few hours later that both Variety & The New York Times were hot on their tracks and about to go public. So NBC frantically acted to get out in front of the story. Which makes you wonder how long NBC really knew about Lauer's sexual predation &did nothing to shelter their $20M/year host.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrik26

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I used to like BWW years ago, but the quality of their food seriously declined over the years.

When I first heard this today, I thought, "good for NBC for taking proactive action" here.

Only to learn a few hours later that both Variety & The New York Times were hot on their tracks and about to go public. So NBC frantically acted to get out in front of the story. Which makes you wonder how long NBC really knew about Lauer's sexual predation &did nothing to shelter their $20M/year host.

I agree with you about the food quality at BWW

It's not bad, but used to be better.

I doubt Arbys corporate will improve it either.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I agree with you about the food quality at BWW

It's not bad, but used to be better.

I doubt Arbys corporate will improve it either.

Yeah but, they have the meats :rolleyes:

Can count on one hand how many times I've eaten at Arbys, with fingers to spare

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I'm just not a fan of fast food places that only do one specific thing, because they never really do it all that well. Chick-fil-a's chicken isn't great at all (Despite what everyone crows) and Arby's roast beef is pretty terrible.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm just not a fan of fast food places that only do one specific thing, because they never really do it all that well. Chick-fil-a's chicken isn't great at all (Despite what everyone crows) and Arby's roast beef is pretty terrible.

Find a few family delis that have been around a few decades that have a grill and you're all set.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I know no hockey here, but it seems most fitting here. The attached picture is a vinyl banner a coworker asked me if I had any interest in. The story is it used to hang in CAA. He said it was signed, but knowing nothing about hockey, did not know by whom. It's definitely Daneyko, though there is not Certificate of Authenticity so who knows if it's real or not.

Question is, is this really worth anything? It's a curiosity, but the guy is asking 50$ for it. It might be interesting to hang in the garage, but I feel like this is something I shouldn't pay more than 20$ for.

Does anyone happen to recognize it? If it use to be in CAA, maybe someone here might have seen something like it there?

View media item 831

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Not sure if I've posted in this one but I'm assuming I've posted in every other TaN so here I am.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Chick-fil-a's chicken isn't great at all (Despite what everyone crows)

Wow, I have to disagree with that big time. I think Chick Fil A is by far the best tasting of all the major fast-food restaurants. Really high-quality ingredients that put places like MCD to shame IMO.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Lauer always seemed like a huge *******. I am not surprised.

Catching up on this now that the "details" are coming out tonight, and holy crap, it's way worse than expected. Borderline rape in one instance, and it sounds like this will snowball like some other recent cases.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know no hockey here, but it seems most fitting here. The attached picture is a vinyl banner a coworker asked me if I had any interest in. The story is it used to hang in CAA. He said it was signed, but knowing nothing about hockey, did not know by whom. It's definitely Daneyko, though there is not Certificate of Authenticity so who knows if it's real or not.

Question is, is this really worth anything? It's a curiosity, but the guy is asking 50$ for it. It might be interesting to hang in the garage, but I feel like this is something I shouldn't pay more than 20$ for.

Does anyone happen to recognize it? If it use to be in CAA, maybe someone here might have seen something like it there?

View media item 831
I really don't know for sure, but this looks like one of those backdrops that they use when they interview a player or coach in the hallway by the locker room. Like the ones they have for MSG these days. It may have also just hung behind the press box, like in the background of the Sports Channel booth (probably in the Doc 1.0 or Gary Thorne days, that thing is probably from the mid to late 80's, maybe very early 90's) at the Meadowlands. I'm not sure if it's worth $50 bucks. Perhaps someone like @Aethon or one of the older heads around here that are even older than I am, might know more about this. Maybe @Devils Dominion might know more about this than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad