OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
It's not different. There are plenty of parents that are 100% estranged from their parents (e.g. Patrick Reed, Jack Johnson, etc...), the cops behaved properly.

Also the driver was not related to the woman at all, so yeah it is probably against the law or something for them to give her that kind of knowledge. The woman's daughter was the girlfriend of the driver. And you just dont drive up and demanding that kinda of shit.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Some details yet unknown, but the way they caught that killer is potentially a bit creepy, depending upon the outcome of those unknown details.

Police used DNA info on genealogy sites to track down Golden State Killer suspect - CNN

Interesting. I laughed at those sights saying they didnt or don't give away data on their customers and stuff... Which is a total lie. Many of those genealogy sights sell everything they learn about you. Can hardly trust any of those sights these days... Smh

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Interesting. I laughed at those sights saying they didnt or don't give away data on their customers and stuff... Which is a total lie. Many of those genealogy sights sell everything they learn about you. Can hardly trust any of those sights these days... Smh

I wonder if this is going to make these sites spend a lot of time in court

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

It's all part of the New World Order plan .

Social media and genealogy is just the beginning.

Reactions: Darkauron

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn (owned by MSFT), Yelp, and on and on......

Their business models are largely dependent on harvesting data and information about you. At first it seemed innocuous enough, but now it's becoming creepy as hell.

The worst part about it is they're going to eventually "win" unless millennial's attitudes change. That generation grew-up with this invasiveness and thus doesn't see anything wrong with it; it's "normal" to them, so once they're in charge I think it's game, set, match. Saw a recent poll that showed people < 30 years old have a vastly different view of "privacy" and what's okay in that regard versus everyone else > 30.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
My resume is updated, my personal statement just needs to be tweaked/proofread, my tuition reimbursement memos are done, the transcript release form is filled out, and I confirmed the sources of all three of my recommendation letters.

Here goes nothing in my attempt to pursue a grad degree at The Hall.

I'm a f***ing glutton for punishment.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
My resume is updated, my personal statement just needs to be tweaked/proofread, my tuition reimbursement memos are done, the transcript release form is filled out, and I confirmed the sources of all three of my recommendation letters.

Here goes nothing in my attempt to pursue a grad degree at The Hall.

I'm a ****ing glutton for punishment.
I wish I was... illustrious enough to go there. I applied there for undergrad but didn't hear back in time all those years ago

You got this!

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I wish I was... illustrious enough to go there. I applied there for undergrad but didn't hear back in time all those years ago

You got this!

Appreciate it. I've told my closest friends to all keep their fingers crossed for me.

It's my first choice for grad school and i'm in no particular rush to start right now so I'm applying only there and waiting on the response. I don't particularly want to send $75 each to three schools right away.

My undergrad GPA is by no means outstanding (2.91, missed that 3.0 by actual hundredths.) so I'm banking on my resume with relevant work experience (I'm a public sector database analyst and developer applying for an MPA concentrating in Data Visualization and Analysis, so yeah. :laugh:) and recommendations to set me apart.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Appreciate it. I've told my closest friends to all keep their fingers crossed for me.

It's my first choice for grad school and i'm in no particular rush to start right now so I'm applying only there and waiting on the response. I don't particularly want to send $75 each to three schools right away.

My undergrad GPA is by no means outstanding (2.91, missed that 3.0 by actual hundredths.) so I'm banking on my resume with relevant work experience (I'm a public sector database analyst and developer applying for an MPA concentrating in Data Visualization and Analysis, so yeah. :laugh:) and recommendations to set me apart.
That's great still though. The work experience definitely does make a difference. I have weighed going back to school as well but not until I move back down here full time. Sounds like a pretty damn good job too. A lot of people have little relevant work experience when they apply into grad programs/schools and only maybe have some short internship. Professional experience is and a head turner!

Reactions: New Jersey

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Headed to the Somerset Patriots home opener tonight. Mods can I set up a NJ minor league baseball thread for Sussex, NJ Jackals, Somerset and Lakewood (with bonus coverage of Leigih Valley, Staten Island and Brooklyn)?

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Got a new musical idea yesterday and tracked it. Getting away from the screaming vocals (none in this song), but the rest of it takes a more musical approach as well.

Tell me it's not that bad.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Got a new musical idea yesterday and tracked it. Getting away from the screaming vocals (none in this song), but the rest of it takes a more musical approach as well.

Tell me it's not that bad.

Whoa you made that? Tis pretty good. The guitar at the ending part seemed a bit to screechy for me tho

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I got my mom an amazon echo thing. are they hard to set up? its for mothers day.

Extremely easy. I have the DOT. They're easy and I use it way more than I thought I would. I like it aside from the whole I can't say anything now because big brother is always listening. I've already said too much.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Pulled up my kitchen floor today. It's linoleum so it's pretty annoying to remove. All in all not too bad. Rented a wallpaper steamer from Home Depot which really helped loosen up the glue and paper. Tomorrow's agenda has ripping up the laundry room linoleum and then put down some new laminate tile.

Reactions: Based Gibbons

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Pulled up my kitchen floor today. It's linoleum so it's pretty annoying to remove. All in all not too bad. Rented a wallpaper steamer from Home Depot which really helped loosen up the glue and paper. Tomorrow's agenda has ripping up the laundry room linoleum and then put down some new laminate tile.
Fun stuff. Better than laying laminate wood floors.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nothing like getting really sick Friday night when the weekend turns out to be freaking beautiful... I'm tempted to go fishing or golfing anyway. I bearly have the energy to go from one room to another, but it's so damn nice out.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Headed to the Somerset Patriots home opener tonight.

I go to 2 or 3 of their games per year, that's a great little park. It's like, "Honey I Shrunk The Major League Baseball Stadium". Sometimes it's just nice being outside at a baseball game, and going all the way to new Shea Stadium is a P.I.T.A., so I'm glad that's close.

Man I really hate spring and the allergies it brings. Especially the fact that cut grass is what flares up my allergies the worst. :help:

My gf has the worst allergies imaginable, I truly feel for her. This time of year (and in the fall) she closes all doors and windows, sleeps with a humidifier, etc.... and still gets headaches.

EDIT: Fun fact I just learned while Googling about allergies, dust mites have a much harder time surviving above 2,500 feet, and are not a problem to people who live at higher elevations in places like CO, UT, WT, etc..

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Nothing like getting really sick Friday night when the weekend turns out to be freaking beautiful... I'm tempted to go fishing or golfing anyway. I bearly have the energy to go from one room to another, but it's so damn nice out.

sickness ruin your weekend?

no, no….cant have that!

solution: take monday and tuesday to golf and fish :nod:

damn the torpedoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00