OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ

One of America's worst-run agencies. One of my favorite things about moving to the burbs is not having to deal with them or their absurdly overcrowded subway anymore. If you put the PA in charge of the Sahara Desert, they'd start running short of sand in five years.

The best thing about that story is that she's on the Ethics Committee.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I pay $10/month for XM. It would only be $5, but I pay $5 so my gf can listen to it in her car too. Well worth the money, IMO, I almost never listen to FM anymore.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
A cold case show was recently on TV about this.

I had never heard of this killer, but apparently there was also a very recent bestselling true crime novel about the killer as well.

I sure hope the recent media attention and his being caught is just a coincidence.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Speaking of HF, I am completely unable to open new HF links in tabs today in Chrome. It says Error every time. Tried clearing cache etc., nothing.

Works fine in Firefox.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Now we're at a point where Nirvana is considered Classic Rock.

I remember in the late 90's when Classic Rock stations wouldn't even play bands like Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, GNR or pretty much anything newer than 1985, with the exception of Sammy Hagar era Van Halen. You didn't even hear much that was newer than the early 80's, outside of some Van Halen and maybe bands that were already active and popular in the 70's, who carried over their popularity into the 80's.

Just listen to WDHA, they are perennially stuck in 1986

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Played open today against a guy who plays in the ECHL. In the Knights organization or maybe just with their affiliate.

Man was he good.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I had never heard of this killer, but apparently there was also a very recent bestselling true crime novel about the killer as well.

I sure hope the recent media attention and his being caught is just a coincidence.

It's kind of weird how a cold case series on this was recentally broadcasted after all of these years and then he gets caught a month later...

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Holy **** that woman was horrible. Stuck up entitled piece of ****.

"I'm a friend of the mayor"
"Don't call me 'Miss', I'm Commissioner"
"I'm also an attorney"
"...students of Yale University, including a PhD student"
"My kids, who are PhD students from MIT and Yale"

It pains the mighty commissioner, having to interact with these lowly municipal workers.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just listen to WDHA, they are perennially stuck in 1986
I'm assuming that means plenty of Livin On A Prayer, Take Me Home Tonight and Bring Me A Higher Love? Add in some Mister Mr (Or is it Mr Mister?) and that terrible comeback album by Boston, but I doubt DHA plays still like that, other than maybe Bon Jovi. Maybe some Boston, who were good in the 70's, not so much after that.

I never listened to any of that, but I kind of lived through it and remember it. One of my first exposures to music on TV was Disco. I think it was the Bee Gee's, I can't remember for sure, but it was definitely white dudes, I can still kind of see them in my head. With the dumb unbuttoned chest and the hair poking out. I hated disco music as a child. I even wound up hating the wrestler Disco Inferno because of it. What a cheesy gimmick that was.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
"I'm also an attorney"

It pains the mighty commissioner, having to interact with these lowly municipal workers.

Credit to those police officers for not taking any of her shit too.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
True, maybe someone remembers something or finally comes clean or info they have been holding to themselves .

This guy is a sick pup .Very sinister

I'd like to think that that's exactly what happened, rather than police returning to it just because it's in the news and missing something that they could have figured out 10 years ago, etc...

Credit to those police officers for not taking any of her **** too.

Patience of a SAINT! I couldn't have handled that so well.

Reactions: Darkauron

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I'm assuming that means plenty of Livin On A Prayer, Take Me Home Tonight and Bring Me A Higher Love? Add in some Mister Mr (Or is it Mr Mister?) and that terrible comeback album by Boston, but I doubt DHA plays still like that, other than maybe Bon Jovi. Maybe some Boston, who were good in the 70's, not so much after that.

I never listened to any of that, but I kind of lived through it and remember it. One of my first exposures to music on TV was Disco. I think it was the Bee Gee's, I can't remember for sure, but it was definitely white dudes, I can still kind of see them in my head. With the dumb unbuttoned chest and the hair poking out. I hated disco music as a child. I even wound up hating the wrestler Disco Inferno because of it. What a cheesy gimmick that was.

Blasphemy.

Disco Inferno was funny as f***

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blasphemy.

Disco Inferno was funny as ****
BAH!

I thought that was corny. Like not Dusty Rhodes Common Man corny, or like some of today's stuff or the dumb Sharkboy 3:16 from TNA stuff, but pretty corny.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Patience of a SAINT! I couldn't have handled that so well.

I wish there was some like "quick jury" type of thing sometimes. Like if the cops tazed this nut job because of how she was acting, the video immediately goes to the "quick jury" and they'll say whether or not it was warranted. If it is, he or she is beat and they're done. If it's not they'll get like $100 and told to piss off.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
"I'm also an attorney"

Here's a part of her "apology"

However, at no point did I violate the Port Authority's Code of Ethics or ask for special treatment for anyone involved, nor did I suggest, in any way, that I would use my position at the Port Authority to affect the outcome of the violations issued to the driver. My resignation from the Port Authority is a recognition that this unfortunate incident could and should have been avoided.

When you are name dropping and being asked to be called commissioner, you are absolutely trying to use your position to affect the outcome.

Time to dissolve the Port Authority. I could get elected Governor in this state just by running on that issue alone.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So, recall the other day I posted about a new practice I noticed on Youtube, whereby they were inserting commercials into the MIDDLE of videos instead of just at the start of the video.

Well, tonight I clicked on a video and it would only let me watch it if I "pay $1.99" to see the video. This has gotta' be new, too, right? I've never seen that before. Pay a fee to watch.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
So, recall the other day I posted about a new practice I noticed on Youtube, whereby they were inserting commercials into the MIDDLE of videos instead of just at the start of the video.

Well, tonight I clicked on a video and it would only let me watch it if I "pay $1.99" to see the video. This has gotta' be new, too, right? I've never seen that before. Pay a fee to watch.

That is probably a youtube red video, they are pay only shows on youtube. Also any YouTube video that is over like 10 minutes will usually have multiple ads throughout and in the video. Gotta get an ad blocker to stop them. Though can't really do that through the apps on mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad