OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Here's a part of her "apology"

When you are name dropping and being asked to be called commissioner, you are absolutely trying to use your position to affect the outcome.

Time to dissolve the Port Authority. I could get elected Governor in this state just by running on that issue alone.

"i didn't do anything wrong, but i'm resigning anyway" ok nixon

Reactions: tr83

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not for nothing, but why can't the cops tell her why they pulled the kids over?

Clearly she is in the wrong trying to swing her power around, but the cop's are doing the same. Very adversarial from both sides.

Granted she went to a different level. Not trying to absolve her.

In the video he says why...because of how she first approached him. She came over confrontational getting ready to swing what she thought was her power around. It's like that saying you get more with honey than vinegar. Maybe if she didn't act like a self entitled ass clown they would have been more helpful.

Plus these weren't even kids, everyone was above 18 and the driver wasn't her daughter and the car wasn't hers.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Not for nothing, but why can't the cops tell her why they pulled the kids over?

Clearly she is in the wrong trying to swing her power around, but the cop's are doing the same. Very adversarial from both sides.

She was not a passenger in the pulled-over vehicle and was not a party to the violation.

No different than if you randomly saw a vehicle pulled over on 78, pulled behind the cop, got out, and demanded to know why the police pulled over said random vehicle. None of your business.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
She was not a passenger in the pulled-over vehicle and was not a party to the violation.

No different than if you randomly saw a vehicle pulled over on 78, pulled behind the cop, got out, and demanded to know why the police pulled over said random vehicle. None of your business.
Well it is different in that she was the kids mom, not a random passer byer.

She was an a-hole so I'm not trying to absolve her. But why can't the cops extend a bit of courtesy there? Why does it need to be so adversarial?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
In the video he says why...because of how she first approached him. She came over confrontational getting ready to swing what she thought was her power around. It's like that saying you get more with honey than vinegar. Maybe if she didn't act like a self entitled ass clown they would have been more helpful.

Plus these weren't even kids, everyone was above 18 and the driver wasn't her daughter and the car wasn't hers.
Aight, horse of a different color there. I only watched a couple minutes.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Back in the day my mom would eat french toast with salt and pepper on it. No syrup no butter. Just salt and pepper, would fold it in half and eat it like a sandwhich.

I kind of had a hankering for it and I tried it. Not so into it, so I scrambled and egg real quick and wrapped that up inside it, it was OK, but still not that into it.

Had the 2nd slice of french toast with syrup.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Back in the day my mom would eat french toast with salt and pepper on it. No syrup no butter. Just salt and pepper, would fold it in half and eat it like a sandwhich.

I kind of had a hankering for it and I tried it. Not so into it, so I scrambled and egg real quick and wrapped that up inside it, it was OK, but still not that into it.

I don't think id be that into that either, I always put some cinnamon and syrup on my French toast. Maybe once in awhile a little bit of sugar too.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Ethically speaking, if someone is a commissioner, am I obligated to call them as such? Is it an ethical faux pas to call them Miss?

Same for Doctor, Senator, Gov?

I feel President rises to the point of obligation, but somewhere down the line, perhaps directly below, I think that obligation falls away.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Also back in the day we would have spaghetti with milk, parmessan cheese and pepper.

A poor man's Alfredo. But almost more like Spaghetti soup. I'd go heavy on the Parmessan, pretty heavy on the pepper too. The milk at the end was delicious.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Ethically speaking, if someone is a commissioner, am I obligated to call them as such? Is it an ethical faux pas to call them Miss?

I feel President rises to the point of obligation, but somewhere down the line, perhaps directly below, I think that obligation falls away.

I think it depends on the situation, for this situation if it was a higher ranking official from their actual department then yes but the port authority has no government over other police precincts so its not like they would have any idea who she was.

Personally I don't have much respect for any politicians so I doubt I'd call them by anything to make them feel superior to begin with.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

My dad would have french toast with peanut butter and syrup. It was awesome. I still do it when I make it at home.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So, recall the other day I posted about a new practice I noticed on Youtube, whereby they were inserting commercials into the MIDDLE of videos instead of just at the start of the video[/B].

Well, tonight I clicked on a video and it would only let me watch it if I "pay $1.99" to see the video. This has gotta' be new, too, right? I've never seen that before. Pay a fee to watch.
I can undertand them needing to put in commercials, but how bout some commercials that pertain to the video I'm watching?

Playing an alice in chains album and they come up with face cream and house flipping ads.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I can undertand them needing to put in commercials, but how bout some commercials that pertain to the video I'm watching?

Playing an alice in chains album and they come up with face cream and house flipping ads.

Yeah I dont know it is weird. Like google is the master of knowing what adds would pertain to you...but they never use them well on youtube ads. It is strange.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
speaking of weird peanut butter foods.

Peanut butter and bacon drizzled with honey on toasted sourdough

ughhhhhhhhhhh i miss that

That sounds like something I'd make when I was stoned. (Which means it's delicious but terrible for you).

My favorite stoned peanut better snack was those fudge stripe cookies sandwiched with crunchy peanut butter between them. Heaven.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
That sounds like something I'd make when I was stoned. (Which means it's delicious but terrible for you).

My favorite stoned peanut better snack was those fudge stripe cookies sandwiched with crunchy peanut butter between them. Heaven.

I spread the gospel of pb and bacon back when i was a chef. I cant think of anyone who disliked it

I grew up with bacon and pb on white bread and it was amazing, as i grew up and learned how to cook, i added the sourdough (buttered and grilled on a flat stove) and honey drizzle

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
really miss those jersey tomato sandwiches. tomatoes, mayo, oil & vinegar, salt and pepper. gooood shit

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The ephemeral nature of streams makes going to a stretch you haven't been to in months an almost completely new experience. I found several new eddys, undercuts and holes that weren't there several months ago, presumably because of the large amount of rain we had towards the end of the winter. Lots of new trees down too.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Well it is different in that she was the kids mom, not a random passer byer.

It's not different. There are plenty of parents that are 100% estranged from their parents (e.g. Patrick Reed, Jack Johnson, etc...), the cops behaved properly.

The girlfriend dragged me to the new Amy Schumer movie last night

Dump her.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes