Tribute The Steve Dangle Thread

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
See, we all think that.
Yet
There are a lot of copycats for other teams and NONE of them took off.

He has a natural camera presence, voice, and comfortable conversational aspect to him that makes these videos work. He knows what he is talking about most of the time and is pretty fair. He also gets across the frustration of a sports fan.
We have all been there.

I mean, if you think you can do it, give it a go. Make a self recorded video of you post the next Bruins game, then watch it back. I bet you will learn its a lot harder than it looks.
I meant to reply to this yesterday...

Steve "Dangle" Glynn's full-time job is this.

For his schtick to work, he has to watch every single Maple Leafs game - and pay attention. He needs to analyze, break down, and opine about every major event of the game. Not to mention produce a quality video. He's come a long way from his childhood bedroom at home to where he is now. He's literally a professional "fan" who eats, sleeps, and breathes Toronto Maple Leafs hockey. How many of us could give that much time to the Bruins? We all have real jobs and families. Who has the time to do what he does? I think his time-management is what impresses me the most. On game-night he's probably up until 3am making his videos.

God bless this poor soul.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I found him entertaining at first but tired of the routine. Snippets are fine but not the whole episode. He is making money in commercials now too. I am sure it is very time consuming.

Reactions: rfournier103

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I meant to reply to this yesterday...

Steve "Dangle" Glynn's full-time job is this.

For his schtick to work, he has to watch every single Maple Leafs game - and pay attention. He needs to analyze, break down, and opine about every major event of the game. Not to mention produce a quality video. He's come a long way from his childhood bedroom at home to where he is now. He's literally a professional "fan" who eats, sleeps, and breathes Toronto Maple Leafs hockey. How many of us could give that much time to the Bruins? We all have real jobs and families. Who has the time to do what he does? I think his time-management is what impresses me the most. On game-night he's probably up until 3am making his videos.

God bless this poor soul.

The people who write Glynn off as just a guy who shouts and rants about the Leafs clearly haven't actually watched his videos beyond the odd snippet here and there, probably of things like the infamous Zamboni driver loss breakdown which aren't actually typical of the majority of his content. He knows more about hockey than at least 90% of us, and he's willed himself into a position of prominence in the Canadian hockey universe despite having no sporting, media or family pedigree through sheer effort. That takes a ton of diligence and talent.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The people who write Glynn off as just a guy who shouts and rants about the Leafs clearly haven't actually watched his videos beyond the odd snippet here and there, probably of things like the infamous Zamboni driver loss breakdown which aren't actually typical of the majority of his content. He knows more about hockey than at least 90% of us, and he's willed himself into a position of prominence in the Canadian hockey universe despite having no sporting, media or family pedigree through sheer effort. That takes a ton of diligence and talent.
Absolutely this! Brilliant post as usual.

Steve Glynn is what we Americans used to call a “self made man.” He created his own business through hard work and determination. This thread has actually made me appreciate his work all the more.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
You're saying his voice pitching doesn't sound like he's in the throes of puberty?

I'm wondering why it's even your focus, to me he just does different silly voices constantly throughout his videos as per his entire shtick since he started

I understand why it's a focus for the middle schoolers I teach all day, they're all anxious about changes so they make corny, rude, immature jokes about it constantly to cover for their anxiety, which I understand. But I thought you were an adult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad