Tribute The Steve Dangle Thread

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Starting in 2 weeks gambling ads will be nonstop on NESN.

Australian sports bit hard on the gambling bug about a decade ago, following the UK's lead, and its now at saturation point. I find it problematic, and sometimes outright annoying - not the mere fact that you can gamble on sport, just the sheer amount of advertising and enticement that goes on - but it's a huge money spinner so once you've allowed it you're stuck with it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Didn’t he get a job with sports net, was it a short term thing?

He’s over the top and a little insane at times. When the Leafs crush his soul he is always highly entertaining though.

Probably a great guy to chat hockey with too

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Australian sports bit hard on the gambling bug about a decade ago, following the UK's lead, and its now at saturation point. I find it problematic, and sometimes outright annoying - not the mere fact that you can gamble on sport, just the sheer amount of advertising and enticement that goes on - but it's a huge money spinner so once you've allowed it you're stuck with it.

In the United States, local and even national news outlets actively and approvingly promote state lotteries, which is gambling in all but name.

Hey, my mother and her sisters used to go down to Vegas and play the slot machines for a harmless kick.

And if people want to gamble, that's their business, whether it's scratch cards, Powerball, sports betting or Wall Street.

Unfortunately, many who play the lottery or gamble hoping for that one big score can ill afford to chase the cheese. To me, gambling of any kind, save pennies or something like that, is like opening my wallet and saying, "Here, take my money."

Even so, it's their life, not mine.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Didn’t he get a job with sports net, was it a short term thing?

He’s over the top and a little insane at times. When the Leafs crush his soul he is always highly entertaining though.

Probably a great guy to chat hockey with too

He knows his hockey shit.

In the United States, local and even national news outlets actively and approvingly promote state lotteries, which is gambling in all but name.

Hey, my mother and her sisters used to go down to Vegas and play the slot machines for a harmless kick.

And if people want to gamble, that's their business, whether it's scratch cards, Powerball, sports betting or Wall Street.

Unfortunately, many who play the lottery or gamble hoping for that one big score can ill afford to chase the cheese. To me, gambling of any kind, save pennies or something like that, is like opening my wallet and saying, "Here, take my money."

Even so, it's their life, not mine.

Now its pot.

Can other drugs be far behind?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I loved his Marchand takes. I wonder if Steve knows he has a thread on the Bruins board? :)

He's right too. Marchand being Marchand and baiting Toronto is all good and well, but his trashing of that young journalist was completely unnecessary. The power imbalance in that exchange made it unfair and unreasonable. Brad is Brad and you take the very good with the occasional bad, but fair play to Steve for sticking up for a colleague.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
He's right too. Marchand being Marchand and baiting Toronto is all good and well, but his trashing of that young journalist was completely unnecessary. The power imbalance in that exchange made it unfair and unreasonable. Brad is Brad and you take the very good with the occasional bad, but fair play to Steve for sticking up for a colleague.
I don't fault Brad for speaking up after the journalist interjected "weird" at the conclusion of his tweet quoting him. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, journalists were taught to keep their opinions to themselves and report the facts. Brad was asked a question. He answered it. If a journalist's skin is too thin to handle a mild chastising, it's time to step away.

Reactions: neelynugs

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I don't fault Brad for speaking up after the journalist interjected "weird" at the conclusion of his tweet quoting him. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, journalists were taught to keep their opinions to themselves and report the facts. Brad was asked a question. He answered it. If a journalist's skin is too thin to handle a mild chastising, it's time to step away.

It was weird and deserved to be identified as such. I'd have used a less charitable word if it were me - 'stupid'. It was also a lie. Let's not blow it out of proportion - it's a minor thing and I'm sure that journo is fine and can look after himself. But Steve called it out and I say good on him for doing so.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
1676647724444.jpeg

I thought I’d put this post here.

This is a picture I reported on fb for being “false and misleading.”

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Mostly I don't get his shtick. He's a YouTube guy who hollers and screams win or lose.🙄
Borderline it's like he has a screw loose.
In other words you might be a future candidate to coach the Leafs.😂

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
What annoys me about Steve Dangle is that it's something literally anyone could've done. If I made angry reaction videos to Bruins games in 2007, I'd be on NESN right now.
This.

From the first time I watched one of his clips a while back that was my first thought as well. Anyone can pop a couple Adderall and take a few shots and then go half insane and rip anything and everything apart

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
What annoys me about Steve Dangle is that it's something literally anyone could've done. If I made angry reaction videos to Bruins games in 2007, I'd be on NESN right now.
Absolutely you would.

Look at Charlie Moore. He literally makes more money than any of us by being on vacation year round.

What an age we live in.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
See, we all think that.
Yet
There are a lot of copycats for other teams and NONE of them took off.

He has a natural camera presence, voice, and comfortable conversational aspect to him that makes these videos work. He knows what he is talking about most of the time and is pretty fair. He also gets across the frustration of a sports fan.
We have all been there.

I mean, if you think you can do it, give it a go. Make a self recorded video of you post the next Bruins game, then watch it back. I bet you will learn its a lot harder than it looks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad