Kings Article: The Sky Is Not Falling On The Los Angeles Kings

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Wait, I thought Sutter didn't have a clue and was blaming it all on the goaltending.

People really need to ignore whatever he says in the post game press conferences.

The man has eyes, and in spite of his country-bumpkin act is one of the best educated and smartest coaches in the game. Now I wouldn't ever want him as a GM, but as a coach his record speaks for itself.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Sutter is the best coach LA has ever had. I still trust him. Kings just went on a great tear and are now in a 5 game losing streak. 5 not 15 or anything. (No jinx) It will work out.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I agree 100% that the sky is not falling.

But on the flip side, lets not pretend that this team as it currently stands is a Stanley Cup contender, because I don't believe that either. Way to many issues right now, some of these were masked with unreal goaltending and a road trip to the Eastern conf, but they were going to eventually come to the forefront.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I agree 100% that the sky is not falling.

But on the flip side, lets not pretend that this team as it currently stands is a Stanley Cup contender, because I don't believe that either. Way to many issues right now, some of these were masked with unreal goaltending and a road trip to the Eastern conf, but they were going to eventually come to the forefront.

Yup, we are a very good team, but we have four glaring issues:

1) Poor bottom six
2) Extremely poor at LW
3) Undisciplined play
4) Poor PP

No team is perfect, but we currently have too many issues to be a true cup contender IMO

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Yup, we are a very good team, but we have four glaring issues:

1) Poor bottom six
2) Extremely poor at LW
3) Undisciplined play
4) Poor PP

No team is perfect, but we currently have too many issues to be a true cup contender IMO

The bottom 6 can be fixed with bringing Vey up to put some skill on the 4th line. Fraser has run his course with the Kings. Need to add some skill on that 4th line. Yes it's only one player, but we all saw how much better the 4th line was with Vey in the lineup. The left wing? Well that has been a problem for a while now. It wouldn't have been a glaring weakness if Brown would actually play like the Brown of the past. Don't know the reason for the undisciplined play. This season it's been significantly worse than previous seasons. Power play? We all seem to identify the problem, but for some reason the team doesn't or hasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad