OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't think anyone who said they don't drink, or don't drink often stated they felt they were superior to everyone who does drink or that there is a problem with having the occasional drink.

I know some people view any drinking as an issue.

I am not like that. My wife likes to have a glass of wine on occasion and I am completely fine with that.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I don’t see a big deal with having a beer here or there, nothing better then having one on a hot day after golf.

Obviously if you’ve had a drinking problem in the past i completely agree with giving it up completely.

I just can't stand the taste. Every kind beer literally tastes 100% the same to me. The only differences is I can tell when one has more or less hops in it.

I don't mind people who drink as long as they don't turn into complete assholes, unfortunately about 60% of people I've met are exactly that. I'm sure you know the type...Loud, tries to start fights, doesn't listen, doesn't even remember the day they were drunk, also probably lost their license at some point or got someone killed etc. When there's a guy taking a swing at me at my nephews birthday party just because I refused a beer because I don't drink, then he definitely falls into that 60% category...lol

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sorry for the double post but didn't want to mix my reply and what I came here to post.

CNN's Anthony Bourdain dead at 61 - CNN

I always loved his shows. Very sad.

I regret missing meeting him way back when he was touring/signing "A Bone in the Throat" in the late '90's. I had a co-worker who was absolutely thrilled to have him coming to the B&N I worked at at the time - she had eaten at Les Halles, it was her favorite restaurant and he was a big part of why. I've followed him both literarily and via his various shows. He was an irascible a-hole but I always appreciated how he tried to bridge between people via a sense of place and the comfort of food shared universally as humans.

I'm sad to see him go and feel for his daughter, his ex's and his friends.

Last edited:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Does everyone else mentally go right to Alien Ant Farm whenever they see this thread title? Just me? Okay then...

Tommy are they okay? Are they okay? Are they okay Tommy?

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Well this just blows.

A good friend of my in-laws/wife, found out this morning that her daughter passed away last night from an overdose. The night before her check in date at rehab.

Ugh.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
The wife and I have begun a steady diet of "The Expanse" via Amazon Prime Video. So far, so good.

Good choice imo. The Expanse is probably my second favorite show after GoT. I was surprised Syfy had something worth watching on their channel, of course they blew that when they canned The Expanse and Amazon picked it up. :facepalm:

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I get to watch a Stanley Cup parade go right past my office window tomorrow...

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Post-concussion update: I have noticed some verbal loss and a few memory blips. And I have some periodic feelings of panic, but I’m not sure if that is new. :biglaugh:

Buttons85

RJ & Rayzor Fan Club
Jan 31, 2013
Austin, TX
If the Texas Stars can hold on for 10 more minutes, I get to go see game 7 of the Calder Cup on Thursday (the rink is 10 minutes from my place)!

I want the Marlies to lose so badly.

EDIT: DAMMIT. I thought they were coming back to TX. Looks like the game is in Toronto. :(

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Post-concussion update: I have noticed some verbal loss and a few memory blips. And I have some periodic feelings of panic, but I’m not sure if that is new. :biglaugh:
Similar affliction here. Finally went for a physical about 18 months ago after the wife nagged me for years. Was diagnosed with chronic CRS disease. "Can't remember shit."

On a serious note, hope your most bizarre accident is behind you, and your full recovery is "ahead".

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Similar affliction here. Finally went for a physical about 18 months ago after the wife nagged me for years. Was diagnosed with chronic CRS disease. "Can't remember ****."

On a serious note, hope your most bizarre accident is behind you, and your full recovery is "ahead".

GP follow up is Tuesday of next week. I'm also going to check with her about my bum shoulder and the abdominal tear I haven't taken care of in years that is now likely a source of workout discomfort.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Trading with you. Right now, on the road overnight in St. Louis, moving my daughter from Colorado to PA

Sadly I'm only moving an hour away to Allentown. Living in Wilkes Barre for 5 years is the only thing that can get you excited to move to Allentown.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just booked my trip to Iceland, has anyone ever been there? Super excited.

Not personally. I would very much like to go. One of my wife’s best friends was stationed there in the Navy and loved it. Then another one of her friends spent months they’re traveling, sometimes car camping even in late winter/early spring. They spin some amazing tails from the whole thing.

Reactions: EichHart

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Just booked my trip to Iceland, has anyone ever been there? Super excited.

Be sure to get some Icelandic Honey!

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: EichHart

Onry

Mar 6, 2006
Sadly I'm only moving an hour away to Allentown. Living in Wilkes Barre for 5 years is the only thing that can get you excited to move to Allentown.[/QUOTE

Whoa. In Columbus Ohio last night, finishing move to Pottstown late today. Unload tomorrow, then meet my wife in Allentown on Friday night before we head back home to CNY. It's been a long week since Alamosa, CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad