OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Went hiking in the lower Niagara Gorge today. Tiring as heck but so worth it.

Definitely recommend it for locals.

I’ve done that many times. Always a good quick hike.
I usually go north of the whirlpool and sit on the flat bedrock there near the edge, eat a light lunch and watch the class 6 rapids whip by. Great day to go today. Overcast. Not too warm.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
i think i drink about 10x more in the summer than i do in the winter, have almost cleared a couple bottles of wine in 5 or so nights. i blame how good it makes me feel

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
I drink in the winter out of boredom and in the summer it's just so magical to pound a few back after work or make some ceasars and pina colada's while catchin some rays on the 1 day off I might get a week.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I originally put a refrigerator in my garage to store it. That was 8 years ago.

Today it is better stocked than the fridge in my kitchen; and that's without any food in it....

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I drink beer when I’m doing yard work, painting, and house projects. I need to stop doing so much yard work, painting, and house projects. I can easily finish a six pack or more plus a half gallon or more of water and a couple sodas/pops in 3-4 hours in an afternoon or after work in the heat and humidity here. Damn summer heat came early this year. Had about 1 month of spring.

I’m on vacation next week. I’ll probably have 3 beers the whole week.

Reactions: missingmika

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
This is what I have to work with as a single guy

ZdpKHLo51yqYcRgjVVT7iMJXkgxt0erYR0zHqhiSkpiqWg2yI_Dw2zWhknQlHvlD_ZOMZcT3Oc_p0Doi6d7qTBuLpmPBGyX7Sqgd5NbFSzTzAHUQUHneoyliHNgprKkn73v-7qB5JJoTquls37UXHgB8FbF4PeH3sH3P3H0v28CedmBvVJnEkpefb0uElhz8Evv_BeNlMky4hq7oVDcly5XUD5L0mdM7FwflbXKhZRJZUZ-Y_V0ipH3aRnjd_4m823SsGPcGNDctBuy2vypffhvy20Hm7Ltrwv7YkGUVLeeBD3_YK0PGGPCJC49blfDFb2D8M-Bbk4ezPVW35A8XxnyrywuDsnup6ayydgwCl2Lc8e40KmzC2oMZTrKVZgpZ0E9P9WEmtHVmhjCyG_Wgx0vkFoPAPUbTLuBxiDfbQ-8KRcJrC9ZKtjjg-QFzNZ0YOFIfx9XOLEQM_ocwmmZBXL2gtjc5Qu6I6p-PmuhK_qRr8OIZ81beaeKYm8m0ClVrEItD1q3KCTKB8IkV1lAoNy-n_mkafxhKweUHyK5u60Ev0eFMLhcl-xxzTvdm4HMQhMe1-WDLgvWMorkGWMqUkJKds_fSJIKu0nZpcKQ=w531-h943-no

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I haven't had a drink in around 20 years.

It would be interesting to see how much money I have saved over the years without drinking and/or smoking in my life.

31 for me. Yes, one beer would get me really loopy. Two would probably knock me on my A$$ :biglaugh:

We have saved soooo much money by not drinking and smoking.

Last edited:

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo

It would be interesting to see how much money I have saved over the years without drinking and/or smoking in my life.

these are impressive streaks. in the winter I'm more of a homebody and don't really hit the sauce more than a couple nights a week. Coincidentally I end up saving a lot of money in that part of the year

summer and spring, especially the beginnings, are full of social engagements of all types,and everyone wants to party, including me

as I've gotten older I've noticed that I really just can't do it to extreme levels anymore. Anything over like 2 beers/glasses of wine puts me in the 'wow!' zone and I end up going to sleep.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport

31 for me. Yes, one beer would get me really loopy. Two would probably knock me on my A$$ :biglaugh:

We have saved soooo much money by not drinking and smoking.

Impressive. I can't say I've gone that long with out drinking as I do on rare occasions. Weddings, occasional General Manager dinners out and the boss will buy a round etc.

I certainly don't ever go out looking for drink and haven't smoked in almost 10 years. So there's that.

I still try to figure out which gets me weirder looks when I tell people:
That I don't drink coffee
That I rarely drink alcohol

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Impressive. I can't say I've gone that long with out drinking as I do on rare occasions. Weddings, occasional General Manager dinners out and the boss will buy a round etc.

I certainly don't ever go out looking for drink and haven't smoked in almost 10 years. So there's that.

I still try to figure out which gets me weirder looks when I tell people:
That I don't drink coffee
That I rarely drink alcohol

Oh and I don’t drink coffee either.

Thank you, I’ll be here all week. :laugh:

But I do drink hot tea, and iced tea like its goin’ out of style. Addict.

Reactions: Kyndig

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
I drink lots of coffee so I could never ever give that up. The looks I get when I tell people I only drink maybe a couple times a year are pretty funny. I tend to not be in a pleasant place when I'm drunk so I usually stay far away from the stuff .

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I don’t see a big deal with having a beer here or there, nothing better then having one on a hot day after golf.

Obviously if you’ve had a drinking problem in the past i completely agree with giving it up completely.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I don’t see a big deal with having a beer here or there, nothing better then having one on a hot day after golf.

Obviously if you’ve had a drinking problem in the past i completely agree with giving it up completely.
I don't think anyone who said they don't drink, or don't drink often stated they felt they were superior to everyone who does drink or that there is a problem with having the occasional drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad