GDT: The Schneiderman's Redemption: ECQF Game 4 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
If we don't run Kucherov in the boards on Saturday, I'll be really disappointed in our guys.
I'd be fine if we go after already injured guys such as Johnson, Callahan (if he plays), Stamkos. Legally of course :sarcasm: but just make them miserable.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The Devils aren't winning the series at this point. After seeing Kucherov chuckle about the hit on Vatanen, I just hope he gets laid out. Put Santini in the lineup and let him lower his shoulder as Kucherov comes across the blueline. J.T. Miller too.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
While I understand the concern with Zacha not being able to produce a ton, I think the jury still should be out on him more than it currently is.

The kid came into a team his rookie season at age 19 that was one of the worst offensive teams in the league and managed to put up 24 points in 70 games. Nothing spectacular, but respectable enough and off the stat sheet, he showed he can hang in this league. This season he had some trouble finding consistency in his game and apparently had some confidence issues to start things off which led to him seeing reduced ice time and healthy scratches. Once he found some consistency he started to run with it and looked a lot more comfortable on the stat sheet and off. I'd like to see what he is capable of in a season with minimal interruptions and I don't think that 40 points is unreasonable at some point for him.

The playoffs are tough to take much away from kids this young into their careers. Some are able to jump right in as if it's just another game, others need some time to adjust and will be better suited with more experience in both the regular season and playoffs down the road.

My concern with PZ in the playoffs is at times he looks nervous about the scrum stuff and he'll have to get past that. Players much smaller and weaker than him survive that just fine and he will too, he just has to learn he can handle himself.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They literally can boards our players, hit them in the head and spear them and get nothing. Wood boards one of their guys in the regular season and no injury came as a result and he gets multiple games as a first time offender.

You hit the nail on the head. When it comes to player safety issues the league is a joke.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
My concern with PZ in the playoffs is at times he looks nervous about the scrum stuff and he'll have to get past that. Players much smaller and weaker than him survive that just fine and he will too, he just has to learn he can handle himself.
I am pretty sure Zacha was the first guy to respond to the Killorn boarding call yesterday and took down the nearest Bolt he could find.

Edit: Yup

rod

Apr 19, 2018
Blow this up to a large, full screen viewing mode before watching.

Looks at Kucherov's eyes and where they're "pointed"
- his focus line of sight is UP at Vatanen's head, not DOWN at Vatanen's shoulder.

He's going for the head.

If you're trying to make a shoulder-to-shoulder hit, you're looking at the opposing player's shoulder, not his eyes.

The hit was clean, i am a Red Wings fan so i have no interest in the series, i understand why you are mad but again that hit was clean.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I have gone from actually liking the Lightning to a decent amount to actually loathing them. I can't ever remember a playoff rival fan base this obnoxious. Not even Rangers fans were this bad.

Now you're just being silly. We have had full on fights in the stands in the past with dirt bag Flyers and Rangers fans during the playoffs.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
I have gone from actually liking the Lightning to a decent amount to actually loathing them. I can't ever remember a playoff rival fan base this obnoxious. Not even Rangers fans were this bad.
I rooted for them these past couple seasons in the playoffs. At this point I would root for the Caps and maybe Pitt to beat them. I still like Tyler Johnson but the rest of them can screw off

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA

I seriously think I have more respect for the Rangers fans on HF at this point

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Try waking up at 1 in the morning and seeing a missed text from a Lightning “friend” that says nothing but “13”. My immediate response was **** you.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm pretty sure hoping/wishing that players get injured is stupid at best and immature and disrespectful at most common, so let's not do that.

Not to mention against HF policy.

At the rate it's going we may have to put a note reminding people of this in the next GDT.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I'm pretty sure hoping/wishing that players get injured is stupid at best and immature and disrespectful at most common, so let's not do that.
I don't want them injured... but I do want them to hurt.

They've taken liberties at our expense and not just once.

Sad thing is, while we have gritty players, we don't have bangers that you'd look to deliver that type of message outside of Wood, who's a shell of himself since the suspension. Boyle and Maroon can't catch up to the more elusive players. In fact, organizationally even, who do we have to police other teams?

I know enforcers are going the way of the dodo, but someone who can skate and keep opponents honest would be useful right now.

Maybe Santini, but it's unlikely he sees in the game nor would you expect him to be top game readiness.

in before someone offers Hall for Larsson and his 2048 hits

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad